Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything with my turbo set up is good except for a few things. My oil dip stick burned up in the 3 weeks I've had my turbo and today when I noticed that I noticed also that my oil level went down. I jacked up the car and saw oil all over the place! i did switch to Mobile 1 synthetic but I don't think that's the problem. Any ideas what it could be and is there some kind of oil stick that can withstand the heat?

·
Registered
13 Posts
i know you don't have a g2 but check out g2ic.com. there is a very well written turbo guide there, which explains about the pcv valve. in short, the oem pcv system is not pressurized, and by adding a turbo you've now got pressure!! the pressure does not allow the valve to open and relieve the pressure. check out the site, it should help you out.

hth

shawn

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting guide. It's funny cause I didn't read about that in the turbo install guide in the articles on this web site.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
MD and I had a discussion on this wayyy back in the day my first post actually if I can recall, he suggests the endyn/moroso catch can cause it has a line to return back to oil pan and its got extra internal baffles. And I believe the greddy isnt even internally baffled I could be wrong. Hope that helps any, I'm interested in the answer to this as well since I am looking into a turbo setup.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
i have it set so that the line on the top of the valve cover goes into the intake before the turbo, with a slash cut tube. if you were you put the line in your charge piping you would pressureize your crankcase and shoot your oil dipstick through your hood. then the pcv valve goes into an oil catch can then back. it is a totaly closed system and no vents anywere. its working great for me so far

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just bought the Greddy today before coming home and reading your replys. I guess I'll try it to see how it works out. Any Ideas on how to install it? The instructions of course are in japanese.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Last time someone posted the instructions for the gredy catch can I believe the instructions had it running from the valve cover which is useless. There are a few other posts around that explain where to run it from and to, more than I know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts