Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every since I bought my Type R I have had problems with the oil level. I put 4 quarts of Mobil 1 synthetic every 2500 miles but even right after i change the oil and check the dipstick the oil level seems low. went out tonight to check it and the stick is completly dry. the car is not leaking oil or noticible burning oil. i drove it home from work today and it drove perfect like always and vtec engaged which it wont if the oil pressure is too low. I was wondering if someone out there with a Type R could measure there dipstick im thinking mine is off a different car or something and is too short. also check engine or oil light have NEVER come on. does anyone else have any other ideas what i can be. this has been happening for 13,000 + miles now. if i had been running the car on low oil all this time i would have serious problems by now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok I went out and drained the oil and im about a quart and a half low. im burning alot of oil then cuz i put in about half a quart three weeks ago. id say i drive my car fairly hard but should i be blowing threw oil this fast. also why is vtec still engaging if my oil is that low??? any suggestions on what kind of oil to buy cuz mobil 1 synthetic isnt workin??????????

·
Registered
246 Posts
you probably are in need of new rings.....you must have really beat on that car cause I have 71,000 miles on my R and it is beat to the point my 1/4 times are slowing down and it's not burning oil....good luck

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Probably you should just switch oils. Are you using 5W-30 Mobile one? Most everyone has problems with that burning off. I used to burn off over a quart of 5W-30 Mobile one with every one of my oil change intervals. I switched to 10W-30 and didn't burn off much anything for my 3 month interval though. But still even on 10W-30 I hear alot of people having problems losing oil with Mobile one. Maybe it's time to try something else. I'm liking Mobile one less and less by the day.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Just a quick thought...Are you aware that the TypeR requires a little bit more than 4.0 qts?(check your User Manual)

That shouldn't make a huge difference in your problem, but putting in the right amount will help keep other problems from happening...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Your suppose to put in 4.2.And mobil 1 is garbage.Everyone in Hondatech burns oil using mobil 1,I use to and was burning 1qt to 1 and 1/4 between oil changes,I switched to castrol and only lost 1/2 qt after 2500 miles.So try switching oil,alot of typeR guys will verify this.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Mobil 1 is garbage, it's the burning oil brand!!
Try Valvoline Racing Synthetic oil 10w-30( black bottle), it's the best resulted oil for Teg's !

what is your car's mileage?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts