Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving today and all of a sudden I see white smoke, and my oil pressure light starts flashing..Pull over immediately.. Open the hood and oil is everywhere. I run over to the gas station and get four qts of oil...Put that in and move the car under some light...It was dark...Open the hood and oil is gushing out of a hole right under the VTEC solenoid...I looked in my manuel and it's the oil pressure test port...Never heard of it..But it's missing and that was the reason for the oil loss..First what size is the bolt..I know it's 10mm, but how long..Also what is the torque spec for it? I just had the head put on, and I assume it wasen't tightened correctly and it slowly worked it's way out, them came fell out.....Please help, since I'm freaked out...Hopefully I just need to replace this bolt and motor is fine...I just dumped a few grand into the motor.

thanks

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Take it back to the shop that you had this done at and yell at them. This is unacceptable. Make sure your motor is cleaned and checked over and this mistake is fixed.

As my boss at the garage would say: The smallest mistake can also be the most costliest. Hopefully your motor is fine. But when that idiot light comes on it's bad news bears usually.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks Kelly...I called all the Acura and Honda dealers and they don't have it...I have special ordered and it's coming tomororow...Is this some kind of 'special bolt'..It's called a '10mm sealing bolt'.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kelly thanks again for your help...Got the bolt and crush washer, checked the oil level and everything is fine...I haven't torqued it yet, waiting for a torque wrench...Having Acura check the torque spec tomorrow..Also going to put on some Hondabond 'just in case'...Can you say 'RELIEF'!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.