Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup guys my buddy thinks we ran into a bit of a problem, i have a b18c jdm typer motor. he was under the impression that there was an oil pressure sensor on the vtec solenoid but there is no hole or threads for the sensor, can anybody give me the location of the oil pressure sensor so i can figure out if i need to buy one or not

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
You're right. JDM does not use an oil pressure switch. If you are using a USDM ECU you'll need one in order not to have CEL, but you do not need one.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
^ correct but incorrect...they don't have vtec oil pressure switches but if you're using a USDM ECU, you can run a wire from pin C15 and T it to the VTEC solenoid wire (pin A8). Click here for an ECU pin-out diagram

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
KaBlookie on Sep/16/07 said:
^ correct but incorrect...they don't have vtec oil pressure switches but if you're using a USDM ECU, you can run a wire from pin C15 and T it to the VTEC solenoid wire (pin A8). Click here for an ECU pin-out diagram
theat only works to a degree if your going to be chipping an ecu and running crome or uberdata for example it will corrupt the input values for the maps you may not notice a difference but it wont runn on the vtec maps in vtec if that makes sense so your car will be slower and it will be leaner.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
here you go borrowed from pgmfi.org crome forum.

Solution1: Tap D6 to A4. Yeah everybody knows that. But not everybody agrees. hehe...

Why did I go through the other 2 experiments? At first, my D6 was tapped to A4 but my problem with the TPS(wasn't throwing codes at first) threw me off.

BetterSolution: Use a normally closed relay that opens it's circuit once the engine is running. It won't need any plugin since it will act similarly to the VTP. For those who disagree with D6 to A4, this is an lternative solution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.