Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DA is lowered and Im wanting it even lower. It has adjustable coilovers and a camber kit so thats not a problem. I lowered it all the way yesterday to see what it would look like. Its awsome, but the thing is the oil pan sits like 1 and a half inch from the ground. Do you think I could weld up or bolt up an oil pan skid plate type thing? How hard would it be? Has anyone ever done it before? Just for the oil pan and maybe the header. I just dont want to scrape it up to much. And have the fear of busitng it and losing all my oil.

If this is not in the right forum please move it.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
You could always get a wide sheet of steel and weld it to your header. Just wide enough to cover you oil pan. I don't think its a problem if you rode with your car that low. I knew a bunch of people that drove daily with their cars dumped t the floor and all they messed up was the header and the tranny (auto), never the oil pan. I don't know why you would want to do this, but to each his own.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Do you know how to weld? If you do, then it should be no problem making a skid plate that covers your oil pan.

My advice is to get underneath your car and start brainstorming ideas.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I can weld. Im thinking of getting some sheet metal and just cutting out a design to protect everything under there.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Where do you plan on bolting it to?
You'd want to use the strongest points possible, since any impacts will direct the force up to the bolts.

Subframe or engine damage can happen!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.