Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran over some junk on the *beautiful* streets of Georgetown in Washington DC and I pull over and the oil is POURING from my oil pan. Teggie was towed for free to a local Acura dealership.

Its sitting at the dealership and theyll probably get to it on Monday. Should I let them take care of it and replace the oil pan and everything? I know I can get an oil pan online for $100 but Im not sure about the install. Im worried they'll charge me inflated rates for labor and the pan.

Yep, thats what I get for slamming my Teg. =( Oh well, its still worth it.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
i think it would deff be cheaper if you do it yourself.

get a new pan, all you need to do is remove the a-pipe from the headers and the cat, so you can access the oil pan.

then there are like 19 screws holding the pan, remove the pan, and make sure to get a new gasket. install the new pan with new gasket and torque the screws to spec, dont over do it cause it will break the seal and you will have some minor oil leaks.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply.

I bet DIY wont be too hard and a fun project. Problem is the car is sitting at the Acura dealership pretty damn far away from where I am. Getting it towed and everything to my location would be expensive.

Plus if I do it Ill have to wait for the oil pan to come...

Decisions decisions decisions...

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sh*t, and I just remembered the key is in the dropbox at the dealership. Dammit.

I guess Ill have to wait til Monday. Hopefully they wont overcharge me for labor and hopefully itll be done real soon.

Any idea on how much Acura charges for oil pan replacement? labor+parts??

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
the exhaust mani will have to be pulled to get to the oil pan, and a new one from the stealership wouldn't be cheap. I'd get the one you saw online. You'll also want a new oil pan gasket. Make sure the gasket is torqued on correctly.

In case you're wondering... I pinched a hole in my oil pan once by while stradling a rock that was in the middle of the road, but my damage was light enough that I pulled the pan and had a friend weld up the pinch.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
if your gonna spend 100 on a new pan just get a pan from www.10-94.com or on honda-tech, a BAFFLED oil pan i what im talkin about . . . if you go to the dealer i am guessing that it will be atleast 300 $ its really easy to do it yourself , also i hope that your oil sending unit isnt dented thats like 37$ from acura too . . good luck man

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had mine replaced at the Acura dealer on my old G2 and it was about $350.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hrmm, that baffle for the oil pan doesnt seem like it would be too hard to make? I need to get me a new gasket and i think my friend could make me something like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts