Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are any of the civic oil pans interchangable with our oil pans? i can get those very easy but im not sure if it will work. sorry if this is a dumb question, i couldnt find anything on it

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
D series will NOT come near fitting your engine.
If you use GSR/ITR oil pan, be ready to use their oil pickup tube as well.

The b16 pan SUPPOSEDLY interchanges with the ls, but I had a pan which was claimed b16, and it would NOT fit with my ls bottom end. I now believe It may be a gsr, but youd be best to stick with a gsr oil pan.

Suck it up, and get the right ****, youll be happier later. If replacing due to damage you ABSOLUTELY MUST replace the pickup as well, I had a dented pickup from a prev owner of my GSR engine, and it was costing me 12-17 psi at high rpm, and 8-13psi at low rpm.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey 95SilverBullet,

how big was your dent in your oil pan? My oil pressure has been running at 40-50 psi, and i have a big dent in my oil pan on the bottome front. It's like 5in wide by about .5-1in deep. Maybe this is why i am runnig low oil pessure. I didn't think it would cause that much difference.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
its your oil pickup, you should not run with a dent anyways. Replace your pan and pickup. The pickup is like 40 bux from acura, not too bad, its worthwhile for the extra oil pressure. I attend HPDE's with my car, so I had to resolve my oil pressure issue before the first event.

I can promise you when you drop the pan youll see the pickup is dented on the bottom. It wouldnt look like it will cause the drop but it will. on my engine, the pan had been replaced, but not the pickup, but I have seen several other similar occurances.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks,
I am installing a Rev Hard st2 in a couple of weeks. I have a new Morso oil pan i am goig to use, so it looks like i will have to replace the pick up also. Is it pretty easy to do? Do you have any pictures of it you can post?

How close to the bottom of the pan does the pickup sit?

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
eh, those moroso pans are iffy. Ive heard some good quality and fit, others being SOSO. for the price, I was very much considering the moroso RR pan, however Id rather just buy the mugen pan for around the same price, for as good as oem fit and quality.

Im guessing you have the moroso drag pan?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think its the Drag. Its like 5qt and has the oil return tap already in place. It didn't come witht he gastket so i bought new one of those also. Is the Oil Pick up tube a solid tube that extends downwards almost to the botom of the oil pan?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.