Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just threw a remanufactured B18B1 OB1 into my civic. While it was still on the stands, I started it up and it immediately started smoking heavily from the engine bay. Crawled underneath and saw the attached image. It was leaking directly onto the exhaust. I removed and checked the breather box and associated PCV valve. No blockage and the valve is oriented correctly. I tested it by blowing directly into the back of the breather box and the L-shaped hose; air comes out of the hose that runs up to the intake mani. The oil pan is a brand new OEM part. I don't think I crushed the gasket although I did not torque-spec the fasteners. I'm at a loss. I threw a new gasket on today, but am hesitant to start it up until I can get a better idea of what could be causing this.
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Automotive design
Azure Finger Feather Aqua Denim

·
Premium Member
2,789 Posts
I never had good luck with the oem gasket. BUT, that was with my old oil pan, it might be a different situation with my new pan. I actually had good luck with one aftermarket pan gasket - i used the felpro one that is similar to the myhondahabit gasket. Decently priced and not a weep, seep, or leak that i can see in the last 4K miles. Will report back after some more mileage lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts