Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, ive been losing oil lately, but i can't find any leaks. i just check the dipstick every now and then and it keeps getting lower and i have to add more oil. my car also has a tough time starting some mornings. i also noticed some oily substance on my valve cover around the spark plugs. ive had my spark plugs replaced a few months ago and some head gaskets replaced as well around 6 months ago. not sure whats goin on. thanks for the help!

·
Registered
43 Posts
More than likely your engine is burning it, so its either valve seals or oil rings. The spark plug seals are obviously done also. Get a compression test and a leak down test done, this will narrow down where your problem lies.

You said you got the head gasket replaced...i would doubt that, was it not the valve cover gasket maybe. If you did have the head off for some reason, then you should have got the valve seals done then too. But i think your mistaking head gasket for something else, possible inlet/outlet manifold gasket??

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
i too have been losing oil, but my car doesn't smoke or leak. someone said its evaporating (due to my high revving
)

·
Registered
166 Posts
LT6916 on Sep/20/02 said:
i too have been losing oil, but my car doesn't smoke or leak. someone said its evaporating (due to my high revving
)
Stock valve springs on Integras (ITR'S too!) are fairly weak along with valve seals and can't close fast enough at high rpms and let oil pass by and burn oil, depending on how much oil you are losing I've seen it too be normal to lose a qt. a month on stock valve springs and valve seals.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ati2ude, that sounds right, cuz there's no smoke comin out or leaks, and i rev pretty high some times, so that sounds right, and the quart a month thing sounds correct as well. i hope thats the problem cuz im sick of doing repairs on my car. thx for the help everyone, ill see about those valve springs. o and i was probably wrong about the head gaskets being replaced, its funny how u knew. all i remember is that the mechanic said some gasket was worn and would leak oil in the future and that i should replace it and i let him do it, so i dont remember exactly what it was he replaced. thanks again everyone for the help.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
sweet, thanks.

for some reason today my dad asked "how's your car's oil consumption" i said "around 1500 i need to add 2 quarts" dammit! i could probably get a b18c1 off him - i SHOULD HAVE said "ohhhh, daddy! it's awful! i add a quart a week (like i had to with my old car - 87 celica)"...eh, oh well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts