Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
i took my car to a shop and got changed engien oil 2days ago. today i found a oil spot under my car. i couldn't really see where the oil came from but it looked like oilpan is leaking. the spot is left side of car front and i checked it visually and i could see oilpan and i touched it and oil all over.
is this serious? i'm gonna take it to a shop tomorrow. if i change the oilpan gasket, should it be ok?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Well anytime your leaking something its not good. If your leaking oil, its only a matter of time before you run too low and cause internal engine problems.

Get it checked out and find the exact source of the problem first.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Could be left over oil from oil filter draining down. Or oil filter is loose. Or oil drain plug loose. Please check all first.

However once you are under the car inspecting might as well look more closely to where the leak is comming from if it is indeed a leak.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Like FlatRate said, it might be some leftover from when they took off the oil filter and didn't wipe it down properly. Also check your drain plug & oil filter to make sure they're on tight. I never trust anyone to do oil changes in my car except myself..

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey guys,
i took my car to a shop and it was oil pan gasket. it had never been changed for 11 years and it was really tight!!! anyway, my mechanic changed it and i'm happy now.
thanks guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.