Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I degreased the motor as much as I could and then bought some liquid you mix with your oil. You run the car and with a fluorescent light you should see where it's leaking from because it's going to be neon green. There was a tiny amount leaking from the valve cover some from the oil pan. And a good amount all over what you see in the pictures. It doesn't seem to be coming from the oil pan which would be my guess. If someone could point me in the right direction. Yes I already tried finding it on countless other forums and couldn't find anything around this area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had something very similar to your leak on my 94 GSR. I degreased the undercarriage as well and drove my car car around. I thought it was my oil pan gasket as well because of the area it was leaking from. But with a closer look you could see it was leaking just a bit above the oil pan. What it turned out to be was an o-ring on the oil pump. It goes between the oil pump and where it mounts to the block. It’s about the size of a quarter perpendicular and basically just behind the hex plug on the back of the oil pump. It was hard and brittle and split in half. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had something very similar to your leak on my 94 GSR. I degreased the undercarriage as well and drove my car car around. I thought it was my oil pan gasket as well because of the area it was leaking from. But with a closer look you could see it was leaking just a bit above the oil pan. What it turned out to be was an o-ring on the oil pump. It goes between the oil pump and where it mounts to the block. It’s about the size of a quarter perpendicular and basically just behind the hex plug on the back of the oil pump. It was hard and brittle and split in half. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man! I really appreciate the detailed answer! I'll take a closer look above the oil pan, I just went ahead and ordered the part anyways. I'll be keeping an eye on it once I replace it. Hopefully that does the trick. Either way I'll be back to report what happens.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Honda K-arrangement motor is a line of four-chamber four-stroke motor presented in 2001. The K-arrangement motors are outfitted with DOHC valvetrains and use roller rockers to diminish grinding. The motors utilize a curl on-plug, distributorless start framework with a loop for each sparkle plug. USA car framework does without the utilization of a traditional wholesaler based start timing framework for a PC controlled framework that enables the ECU to control start timings dependent on different sensor inputs. The chambers have solid metal sleeves like the B-and F-arrangement motors, instead of the FRM chambers found in the H-and more current F-arrangement motors found distinctly in the Honda S2000.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Honda K-game plan engine is a line of four-chamber four-stroke engine exhibited in 2001. The K-course of action engines are furnished with DOHC valvetrains and use roller rockers to decrease granulating. The engines use a twist on-plug, distributorless beginning system with a circle for each radiance plug. vehicle structure manages without the use of a conventional distributer based beginning planning system for a PC controlled system that empowers the ECU to control start timings reliant on various sensor inputs. The chambers have strong metal sleeves like the B-and F-game plan engines and Cars in USA , rather than the FRM chambers found in the H-and progressively current F-course of action engines found particularly in the Honda S2000.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts