Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know which part this is, and why it is leaking from there? Is there a gasket that needs to be replaced? It is the one circled. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
that pic is a little hard to figure out what is going on...what motor do you have B18C or B18B first of all, because you got me confused with having an LS on your profile and asking about a VTEC solnoid...
-Mike

·
Registered
930 Posts
The two likley areas on that side of the engine are the cam seal or maybe the distributer O-ring. Look at the article on how to change the cam seal here on T-I for more info or find the thread discussing the new snap in style cam seal from Acura.

The distributer O-ring is about a 15 minute job to change, just get a new one from the dealer (about $4), I tried an aftermarket one and it didn't seal for crap.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
doode i am stumped i have been looking since i have chimed in...i can tell if that the thermo switch, or another switch, at anyrate see if the oil is coming out of the connector. if it is you will most likey need another one of those switches. that means that, that switch has a internal leak that is getting worse. for starters try spraying off that connector and its sensor and see if the oil leak comes back

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took off the sensor(Plastic Piece), and there is oil around that thing. I thought it was leaking from there, but I don't see how it could be. Does anyone know which sensor that is?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.