Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I went to change my plugs on my 94 integra and there was a good amount of oil in the spark plug well. So I went an bought a valve cover gasket set and replaced that and the spark plug grommets that came with it, ran it checked again and still have oil in three of the four wells, any ideas? Still new with these engines. Thanks

·
Registered
571 Posts
make sure you're torquing down the valve cover properly, and following the proper torque pattern. also make sure the gasket surface on the head is clean

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just noticed some of the bolts are loose still/almost stripped not locking down all the way, could this causes it to still leak? What's the correct pattern to torque them down, and where do I get replacement nuts for the valve cover?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Just noticed some of the bolts are loose still/almost stripped not locking down all the way, could this causes it to still leak? What's the correct pattern to torque them down, and where do I get replacement nuts for the valve cover?
you can order them from acura, both the nuts and the valve cover studs

·
Registered
709 Posts
lol I was crazy enough to buy four studs, two of each of the inner and outer studs on the LS since my 97 had damaged threads and wanted spares

·
Registered
71 Posts
Make sure you are using rtv sealent on the spark plug grommets. I didn't use any on mine, and this just happened to me. Reapplied some to the spark plug grommets.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I have been known to use RTV at the edges on passenger side where cam humps are. only RTV on those 4 inside curves. actually from picture, maybe 8 spots

1 - 13 of 13 Posts