Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
21,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
LOL, kelly and I have been at it over the Honda PCV sytem over on the performance forum. I think he knows what a catch can does....

for the record, the claim is you can run about 2 psi more boost on a SC without fear of detonation with a catch can. Now if you look at the Endyn setup, they have the beather hose attached to that Thompson Enginnering intake. If at WOT, the excess crankcase gases with oil vents up that breather tune and into the intake, they couldn't make that claim of an extra 2 psi boost margin, since the oil laden vapors would still enter the combustion chamber via the intake rather than the PCV valve. Just another thought to chew on.

· Registered
21,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
why would you think that the vapor leaving the breather has less oil in it? it comes from the crank. How is it getting diluted? it isn't. Sorry but you haven't convinced me that reverse flow is a good thing or a normal process in a Honda PCV system. Open system, closed system, WOT, partial throttle, idle, N/A, or boosted. Reverse crankcase vapor flow back up to the valvecover sucks no matter how you slice it in whatever setup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.