Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Fixed it for you. The server is case sensitive, so it sees teg.JPG and teg.jpg as two different files.

Damn that can is way up there. Is there any advantage/disadvantage to mounting it far away from the intake manifold? Is that a Moroso can?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Hmm, I think Endyn's kit may be my catch can system of choice then. What type of hoses would you recommend for this? StyleTEG told me BSQ mentioned the original hose he used for his DIY catch can kit would collapse under the vacuum pressure. What type of hose is safest for this?

Also if you use the open filter setup on the Endyn kit what do you do with the connection at the intake manifold? Just plug it?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I was looking around for fuel line hoses and found lots of different types. I know the size is 3/8" but JC Whitney sells fuel lines for both EFI and carbeurated systems do I need to use a certain type of fuel line like aluminum or would the regular hoses what JC Whitney has be able to withstand the pressure?

I got the SRR can from IPS back in April when it was on sale and after C-Speed posted about using it. I was thinking of selling it and getting the Endyn kit but I contacted all of their listed distributors and got no response. So I guess it's the SRR can for me, I'll just baffle it like C-Speed did. I just need to get a hose to go from the PCV valve to the can and then from the can to the intake manifold but finding the correct type of hose is just what I'm stuck on now.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
That's easy to get then, but I think I'm going to sell the can anyway. There's just no way it's going to fit without removing the A/C and installing down where the compressor used to be like what C-speed did. The can is just way too big. There's only a couple places it's able to go and in those places there's nothing for the mount to attach to. Oh well I guess my catch can modification will go on the back burner.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
I am working on making a braket that will mount the can up near the passanger side strut tower. This is the place BSQ ended up mounting his (with a simmilarly designed bracket). I will post pics when I am done, if you are interested.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Yeah, I think I'll end up with the Moroso can anyway so I'd really like to know where to mount it. The way RealTime did it looks cool but I couldn't figure it out. Getting a long hose isn't a problem. The SRR is freakin huge though. Like in the RealTime Teg picture the can is able to stand up behind the headlight but with the SRR can there's no way it can do that it's too tall.

·
Registered
29 Posts
while wre talking about oil catch cans. how does this one look? it's made by OBX-R. since all oil catch cans basically do the same thing i'm sure this one will do the exact same job that the Greddy or Cusco can will do and probably at the fraction of the cost......i'm not exactly sure on the price of this unit but i would like to know.

it looks pretty good and even looks like it has a level indicator on it so you know when it's full.......pretty nice if you ask me........even for a "OBX" product.....

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Strange how the inlet/outlet nipples are both somewhat below the level indicator. Seems kind of useless to me unless it's somehow baffled and routed to just that section of the can leaving the inlet/outlet out of the oil's path. I would want to see inside of it first.

·
Registered
29 Posts
any comments on this type of catch can? with the open filter element on top wouldent that cause a vacum problem with the PCV system?

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it won't pass emissions in ontario. Just hook up a PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) valve from Honda and high pressure fuel tubing where the filter is located to the breather tank opening on the block when it's time to do your emissions and you should pass with flying colours.

·
Registered
95 Posts
since the topic is up again and the moroso can i bought used didnt come w/ instructions, let me just make sure im doing it right.
its going to a type r.
is this ok?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Michael Delaney on Aug/01/02 said:
it won't pass emissions in ontario. Just hook up a PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) valve from Honda and high pressure fuel tubing where the filter is located to the breather tank opening on the block when it's time to do your emissions and you should pass with flying colours.
so that jaz catch can can be used. i simply remove the filter on top. stick a rubber grommet in the hole with a PCV valve on top and run the hose to somewhere on the breather tank on the engine?

sounds good BUT my B20 does not have a breather tank on the back of the block and it has the PCV valve on the valve cover with the hose connected to the intake mnaifold........what do i do then?

·
Registered
29 Posts
up

1 - 20 of 40 Posts