Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had my sony xplode amp for a year or so and just recently it cut out completely and i noticed the offset light comes on as well as the power light. Does anyone know what the offset light means and is there anything i can do to fix my amp?

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Damn, my friend had that problem and i knew what it was at that time...Friggin drugs :) I'll ask that burnout and see if he remembers, sit tight.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha i hear ya...pleanty of burnouts round here
i appreciate your help though

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Ok, so not surprisingly, he doesnt remember anymore since this was back in high school. So i'll try to figure it out again. Is there a green light also on it, for protection mode? how many subs are you running, and how high are your gains set up. And you arent getting output correct?

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I dont know one person honestly, that has had a sony amp that lasted more than a year or so. Dead truth. Im not saying its not possible, ive just seen all of the competition basically outlast them. Except for Jensen :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah it was the price that suckered me in, its powering a 12" Xtant in a custom ported box, i picked up the amp and the sub for 200 off my friend almost brand new... when i start the car up i hear it power up and bump but then it just cuts out after that... my friend mentioned that since its not being used too often(my cars at home and im away at school) that my wires might be corroded. but if thats not the case ill just have to run out and pick up a better quality amp.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
but does anyone know what the offset light means if its on? i thought about rewiring the whole thing to see if its a connection problem but if the light means my amp is basicly screwed then i wont bother.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah last time i was home i rewired the grounds but it made no difference... oh well looks like ill be getting a new amp... any suggestions for a 12" Xtant?

·
Registered
944 Posts
may be your head unit...my pioneer head unit kept cutting out and then I would rev the engine and it would stay on so I thought it was the amp or alternator....but I sent it out through best buy and I was assured it was the radio when I put in a p.o.s. xplod head unit and everything is fine except for the sh*t sound! test another radio first....I had the same symptoms as you!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My head unit is a JVC mp3 player, im not sure of the model # but im positive its the amp

1 - 15 of 15 Posts