Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're always curious to see what kinds of Shift Knobs people are rocking in their interiors; so don't be shy and post up a picture of YOUR shift knob!

After some research we've noted that our best seller for the Acura Integra is the Big Type R in Gun Metal Finish.

www.twmshiftknobs.com

POST THEM UP!

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
I really like the aluminum ones like above, but the problem here in FL is heat.... on my old type-r knockoff I burnt my hands a few times on hot summer days...

now I have a CF wrapped one and love it, doesn't get scorching hot like anything else I've had before (and that includes the stock leather wrapped one)

(sorry it's not TWM :frown:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I really like the aluminum ones like above, but the problem here in FL is heat.... on my old type-r knockoff I burnt my hands a few times on hot summer days...
Totally agree....Would love to have one of your weighted shift knobs, but here in Ontario, Canada it's hot as hell in the summer and freezing cold in the winter. Using a metal knob isn't an option unless you want to have a sock or some other sort of cover on it all the time. Would be nice if you could make a leather cover to accompany your shift knobs or have them made out of duracon or some other material you can actually handle in extreme heat/cold.

For now I either use the leather prelude knob or the spoon duracon knob...wish they had some weight to them. :(

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Totally agree....Would love to have one of your weighted shift knobs, but here in Ontario, Canada it's hot as hell in the summer and freezing cold in the winter. Using a metal knob isn't an option unless you want to have a sock or some other sort of cover on it all the time. Would be nice if you could make a leather cover to accompany your shift knobs or have them made out of duracon or some other material you can actually handle in extreme heat/cold.

For now I either use the leather prelude knob or the spoon duracon knob...wish they had some weight to them. :(
We're actually situated in Quebec so we know all about the temperature fluctuations! lol

Because of this we've come up with an alternative to the full metal shift knob!
Check out the Phantom Hybrid Knob that is TEMPERATURE INSENSITIVE:

PHANTOM Shift Knob | TWM Performance Shift Knobs

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I have the OEM knob on mine, and love it. But making one with red numbers and stitch would also be cool. Ill go take a pic of it, be right back..lol

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Just installed my Skunk2 a half hour ago... don't think I put it on the right way though, lol.

On the subject of temperatures, I live in Illinois, where basically any kind of weather goes. It could be 20 degrees with a windchill of 10 one day, and the next day 90 degrees with 80% humidity. I'll have to see how I like the Skunk2, since I've been using the GS-R leather one for 2 1/2 years.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Tom's carbon fiber knob on a DC sports short sifter. I've thought about trying a weighted knob and I would like an even shorter throw than I have. No matter what I would go with the ball style shifter like this one, may favorite for sure.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,150 Posts
I plan on getting your best seller, eventually. No spare funds at the moment.

The TSX knob is a good design
Agreed. My other car is a TSX and I really like the stock knob. Decent weight, metal with the nice leather wrap around the edge for hot/cold temperature grip. Never seen an after market one like it though. It could use a little more weight but it's actually even decent in that respect for a stock knob.

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts

TWM Gunmetal A6 Leopard knob with TWM Dual Bend short shifter and JDM ITR shift boot.

I also have an M1 Abrams knob in the discontinued Gun Blue, but find myself using the A6 more often, as it is heavier and has the collar which makes the gap smaller between the shift boot and the bottom of the knob. By far, the A6 has been my favorite shift knob of all the ones I have tried.

·
Registered
766 Posts
when i had my da..that knob was thrown out the window so fast..and replaced with a 95 civic knob...

its just hideous
Nothing wrong with that shifter, I kinda fancy them.
I wish TWM offered the "Big Type R" wrapped in full leather. That's the only thing holding me back from buying that shift knob since I don't wanna have to deal with the extremes of hot and cold. For now I stick to my stock leather but I wish it had some weight.
Pretty sure alot of teg owners would LOVE to have them leather wrapped.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Im still on the fence on this shift knob, I ordered online, some oem accessory knob, I love the feel of it, but it kind of sticks out a lot on my 2000 integra I just got. Im thinking maybe if it was black it might not stick out as much, will see. Plus Im in florida so I'll see how bad it is since it is already warm out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts