Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get this cleared up. I went to the acura dealership and they said that the type R rear bumper that has the optional skirt on it is one peace. I ahve the type R optional sideskirts, I just need the rear done! NOw, some people are saying that the type R rear is the same as the 98+ rear just with an addon but acura says this is not true. Also, I looked at the type R rear and the 98+ rear and it looks different to me. It kinda looks like the Type R rear hugs the exhaust whole while the regular 98+ just as a little indent. can anyone clear this up for me please? thx

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Let me clear something up here: the Type R does not have a different rear bumper or side skirts. The side skirts are identical to all other G3 Integras, just painted body color. The front bumper has a lip on it.

The skirts on the rear were a dealer-installed option but have since been discontinued. However, 98-2001 Integras have a revised rear bumper when compmared to the 94-97 model.

Article about 94-97 versus 98-01

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Sure I can.

First off, to avoid confusion, there is no Type R optional body kit. The Type R comes from the factory with a front lip, painted side skirts, and a higher rear wing spoiler than all non-ITR Integras. There is an OEM body kit which consists of the ITR front lip and rear spoiler, side skirts, and rear lip.

The 98+ Type R rear bumper is the exact same as the 98+ rear bumper on all Integras. If the Type R rear bumper looks different than the non type R rear bumper for any reason, it is because the muffler tip is slightly different.

The OEM optional rear lips are seperate from the rear bumper, they are not a single unit piece.

Do you have Type R side skirts of OEM optional body kit side skirts?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I swear, these threads come up all the time.

Confusion between Type R "body kit" and OEM Optional Body kit

Confusion of Type R side skirt when they are actually OEM optional side skirts

Confusion on fitting 98+ front lips on 94-97 Integras [ They don't fit ]

Confusion on fitting 98+ rear lips on 94-97 Integras [ Again, they don't fit ]

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
this is the second thread tonight about this crap, these really need to stop....

timPac and GSRGuy pretty much nailed it, and said what I and other have said countklless times in the gazillion threads identical to this...

and what i was going to mention, but timpac already touched on, was the typeR exhaust being different, with a larger tip, so obviously a lrger tipped muffler is going to hug the bumper much more, its freaking common sense...jeez, these threads are getting worse than 'ive got an intake and chip, help me go fast' threads

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As a reply to those of you who keep saying that you're pissed off about these threads that come up all the time, maybe you should stop spamming replies that have no purpose. I previously searched this topic and no one talked about these specifics. The purpose of the forum is to help each other learn the specifics of our cars not as something to cry at.

In reply to the topic, I found two pictures of a type R bumper and a 98+ bumper with the oem kit.

Observe the exhaust whole, is it just me or do they look to be different in size? My vision kinda sucks, so a second opinion would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
no the exhaust holes are not different in size, you are looking at the exact same bumper, but from two different angles.

The one on the left is a STOCK 98+ rear bumper, it could've come from an LS, GSR, or Type R

The one on the right is a STOCK 98+ rear bumper w/ optional OEM rear skirts (notice I didn't say type r rear skirts?) which could be on and LS, GSR, or Type R

The only reason those wholes might even look remotely different (which I don't think they do) is because the angle at which the pictures have been taken, and the fact the the car on the right has an aftermarket exhaust, which completely fills the exhaust cutout

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
You know, they do make aftermarket rear bumpers that are
OEM replica
, but that yellow bumper is OEM, I see the "INTEGRA" indent on it.

Some people also shave the exhaust cut out more to accomodate for their larger exhaust because some tend to melt the rear bumper.

But Zach is right, you cannot compared the two pictures. The yellow bumper picture is fooling you because you get the see the "length" of the exhaust cutout, which makes the "depth" of the cutout seem greater.

While on the SSBP bumper, you are seeing a straight eye view of it, not to mention it's dark as hell, and the huge ass Greddy Evo is covering up the cutout already.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Guys, there is no reason to yell at those who are asking questions. Yes there are threads about this topic all the time, but some of us are just trying to learn. Excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me EXPERTS!

Tegura, your question was just fine!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.