Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
i was just wondering if the oem tires were 30K,40K or 50K mile tires? ive got 45.5k on mine and they are freakin bald. ive got an auto-x(1st one) to run in a few weeks so im startin to freak out about it sorta.

·
Registered
240 Posts
simple rule about tires... if they are bald, replace them! not to mention... the michelin's are not all that good even when they're new...

my opinion would be to get some 205/50/15 Falken Azenis on your stock rims for auto-x... they're on my list for my next tires

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
How do the Falken Azenis compare to the Kumho 712 W-rated?

and while we're on the subject, how many miles would you think that these kumho's are supposed to last for with no abuse... ie burnouts, powerslides, etc.

remember that these are the W rated not V rated, so they have slightly less wear.

·
Registered
240 Posts
integra-pr: if 205/50/15's look too small, you need to lower your car... funny thing is, the falken azenis in the 205 size is actually like 210-211 in reality... it's got the widest contact patch of any 205/50/15 i've seen...

louse: don't know much about those kumho's, but how long a tire lasts under normal driving has little to do with speed rating, but with its compounds... for instance... both my stock michelins and those falken azenis tires are V speed rated... but you can only get about 10-12k out of the azenis before going nearly bald, while my damn michelins have lasted 35k and will not die... treadwear is a slightly more accurate way of judging a tire's lifespan than speed rating, but is only accurate within a brand...

for instance... if you had two pirelli's, one with a treadwear of 200 and the other with a treadwear of 400, you could expect about double the mileage from the 400 treadwear tire... but a pirelli 400 treadwear may be about equal to a michelin 300 treadwear... so you can't really compare by just treadwear...

just for curiosity, i looked at the kumho's... the V has a treadwear of 340, while the W has a treadwear of 280... so the V should actually be the longer lasting tire... but the W yields a softer tire which means more grip!

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
my stocks lasted 18k and i have an auto.hhhhmmm

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know this is an old post but, I just put my now 46k old stock tires through 2 days of autoXing. wow they are horrid. Ive only got 140 hp and they wouldnt stop spinning till half way through 2nd(my shifting style didnt help im sure) and they had no grip in corners. but damn it was fun!
i think for my rotas im gonna get yokohamam parada spec2s in 205/45/16. from everyone ive talkd to that has had them they say they are the best tire theyve ever had.

·
Registered
173 Posts
HaHa..I've got Parada's..Yep they're great..I have yet to hear them squeel at all..<course haven't crossed in a little while> mounted on 16"s I get comments all day, even though I haven't dropped the car at all yet..hehe same size as you listed too TegLS..I'll take pics if you want just send me a PM or email me if you do

1 - 10 of 10 Posts