Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Acura security system in my 1996 Integra GS-R, and I was wondering if anyone else does. The brain is not beheind either of the kick panels. on the drivers side, there is some extra wiring that looks very stock, but like it shouldnt be there for some reason, so I am assuming thats it. It runs towards the back, so I assume the brain is in the back. Now, I would like to add the hood pin and a siren to this setup. I can order them both from acuraautomotiveparts.net. Before I do, what does the siren sound like? Does it stand out when it goes off? Sound good when you unlock/lock the car? Should I get the hood pin, will it be of use? Thanks!

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have the acura sacurity system. the brain of mine is behind the console where your radio is. kinda stupid place for it but that is where it is.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm...I didn't see it there when I installed my CD player. I will check the back when I install my subs in the next month or so. Do you have the siren? If so, do you like it, and is it loud? How a bout the hood pin, any use to it? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
its like under the carpet in the rear of the radio console. i wish i had a security system...

·
Registered
461 Posts
I just have the standard system that goes through the horn. i really don't like the system at all.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What don't you like about the system? It seems to have all the sensors, I just dont think mine is sensitive enough, which I will be changing. I dont like the fact it uses the horn, but I hope to install a siren soon, so that will solve that. Thanks!

·
Registered
461 Posts
What i don't like is that according to my acura dealer they don't put the motionsensors on anymore and that there is no way to change the sensatiity. plus i hae problems with mine when i arm it i have it set to beep but sometimes it doesn't. pluss sometimes i can be right at my driver door and it won't arm or disarm. i have talked to the acura dealer and of corse when they look at it it works alright.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
on mine, there is sensitivity adjustment on the brain i believe. I don't like not having a motion sensor though. Thanks!

·
Registered
324 Posts
i have a 98 and it is way up under the dash to the left of the steering column. i like the auto/lock feature....pretty cool. i too might purchase the siren, hope it sounds better than the weak-ass horn.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I have the optional siren and hood switch. The siren is a big improvement over the horn. When you arm it, it beeps like the newer Acuras, as opposed to the horn chirping. The auto lock is also nice. basically, when you leave the car, about 5 minutes later, the doors lock and the system arms...it won't arm if the keys are in the ignition or if a door is open.

·
Registered
532 Posts
the sensor that is behind the radio i believe is the Passanger airbag... as for where the brain is.. when i was hooking up my foglights there was somethin that looked like a brain under drivers footwell also when i was replacing my speakers there was something by the rear passanger.. although i think that is the abs sensor but i am not too sure...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I installed the factory security system myself. In my 99 LS, the control unit is located behind the driver's dashboard lower cover, directly to the right of the steering shaft. You have to remove the driver's dashboard lower cover and the knee bolster. It's right there sitting in a bracket.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a problem with my factory security system i lock the door with the remote all doors closed and windows up and i walk away and about a minute later my alarm starts going off anyone know why? The problem is off and on. I reset ny ECU and it is finbe for about 2 days.Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
XRYANX on Feb/26/04 said:
I have a problem with my factory security system i lock the door with the remote all doors closed and windows up and i walk away and about a minute later my alarm starts going off anyone know why? The problem is off and on. I reset ny ECU and it is finbe for about 2 days.Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
If yours in a 1998 model, the brain would be in the dash, to the right of the steering column, directly behind the dimmer switch.

on that unit is a knob that you turn with a screwdriver. This knob controls the sensitivity of the glass-break sensor.You need to reduce the sensitivity. Take off the bottom of the dash and the silver metal knee bolster behind it. Remove the unit and turn that little screwhole just a little toward the "minus" sign to reduce the sensitivity. Mine had this problem and adjusting the sensor did the trick!

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
1996 is not factory option..it was a dealer installed accessory and is likely to be anywhere (They contract out to a local shop to have them done....)

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
bryanmenard on Oct/25/02 said:
...it won't arm if the keys are in the ignition or if a door is open.
Im not sure if i have the stock alarm on my 95 GSR, it was on there when i bought it, but mine will arm its self if the keys are in the ignition, i left them in there one time while i was filling up and i had to use my valet key to get in, everyone started lookin at me funny thinkin i was stealing my own car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts