Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before you go "it's been covered", please read on...

I recently installed some OEM valence replicas made of fiberglass from eBay seller Ty1234...the fitment is great, but I have noticed that they seem to not sit as low as the real OEM valences I see on alot of cars..

this may be my imagination, or it may be due to the fact that these replicas do not include the molded in metal mounting brackets that the OEM ones have. Do these brackets allow the valences to be mounted at an angle downward towards the tires?

My picture request is for someone with the ACTUAL OEM valences mounted properly according to the Honda directions to take a picture from under the car of the valence so that I can see how much space is between the bumper and valence...thanks alot i really appreciate it.

If noone can provide a picture at least if someone with the real valences could tell me specifically how and how much the brackets OFFSET the valences from the bottom of the bumper, that would at least get me started.. thanks

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
You just don't know how to mount them. That's all.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
DC4KiD on Feb/04/06 said:
You just don't know how to mount them. That's all.

If he knew how to mount them perfectly, why would he make a thread requesting pics on how to fix them?

He's already stated his don't sit as low as what he's noticed...

I swear, some people have to open their mouth for no reason at all, just to hear themselfs talk or something. Or in this case, see what they type. If you know how to mount them, then help him. If you don't, then what's the point in just telling him he doesn't know how to do it?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
hpracing007 on Feb/04/06 said:
I swear, some people have to open their mouth for no reason at all, just to hear themselfs talk or something. Or in this case, see what they type. If you know how to mount them, then help him. If you don't, then what's the point in just telling him he doesn't know how to do it?
lol i've noticed this trend a long ass time ago but whatever.

i've also purchased a set of replica rears and i'm also interested in CLOSE UP pics of the real oem rear valences. i could just go to a meet and be lucky enough to see an actual oem kit in person but i doubt it cause the kits cost over $1k now :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
If he knew how to mount them perfectly, why would he make a thread requesting pics on how to fix them?

He's already stated his don't sit as low as what he's noticed...

Well, if he knew that the rears didn't have the brackets, then I'm sure he knew that the valences are free moving; very easy to manuver/adjust on the bumper. And the fact that he mentions that he knew about the topic being covered, I assumed that he already searched and found the optional kit 'showoff' thread. In the very first page of the thread, there's a good few pictures of how the oem rear valences are suppose to be mounted/look like. For example, here's a very good picture:

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
no clue why the showoff thread didn't help him... pic you posted shows the lines real good.

maybe the thread creator can take a few pics of his car with the valances from different angles/sides and we can help him that way if he honestly can't tell himself.

sorry if i sounded pissed in quoting you, cause i was a little bit but i should have been more polite about it.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
no clue why the showoff thread didn't help him... pic you posted shows the lines real good.

Yeah, I was wonderin' the same thing, that's why I posted that comment in the first place.

Quote: hpracing007 on Feb/04/06 sorry if i sounded pissed in quoting you, cause i was a little bit but i should have been more polite about it.
I guess it's kool. It's only the internet, so I forgive you.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok guys i think you missed the point of what i was asking...

the showoff thread is where i realized in the first place that most peoples valences seem to sit lower than mine...but there are no pictures from an installation standpoint in that thread...that thread only contains exterior shots, no under-car pics....

i wanted a picture from UNDER the car to see what orientation those brackets are in, and how much of a gap between the area closest to the rear wheel exists between the bottom of the bumper and the valence itself...basically it seems that the brackets are designed to OFFSET the valence from the bumper sightly.......it is hard to explain what i want but i can guarantee you there is no picture of it on this site, i ha been here a LoNG ASS time, so obviously i have seen that "SHOW OFF YOUR OPTIoNAL KIT thread a million and one times already...thus the reason why i said "please dont tell me it has been covered" becasue it definately HAS NOT...

thanks in advance for any helpful replies...

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
^The gap doesn't matter. Every OEM/Replicas are different. Just as long as the lines are angled right, you should be good. I know this because I had 3 sets of OEM and 2 sets of replicas. The brackets on the oem's aren't the same on every kit.
You're just goin' to have to 'play' with your replicas a bit to have it looking right.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok, first off, if you had that information, why not say it in your first post, instead you have to be a smartass....

secondly, how could every bracket be different on the OEM valences...do you really think Honda just slaps the brackets onto the plastic valence anywhere thay want to on each one, making notihng consistent? i HIGHLY doubt it, considering Japanese auto manufacturers generally have the strictest quality control standards of all car makers...

So, if you dont have what i want, do me a favor and stop wasting space in my thread

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow, I would like to thank Carlos for being an awesome member and helping a fellow TI member out with EXACLTY what he needed. It is good to know there are still members around who are willing to actually help and not just be a smartass...

Carlos just sent me:

That gap is in fact larger than what I have since I did not have the brackets to support it. I am going to see if i can lower the front without brackets first, but if not im sure i can make something out of sheetmetal....

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
JustTegIt on Feb/04/06 said:
ok, first off, if you had that information, why not say it in your first post, instead you have to be a smartass....

secondly, how could every bracket be different on the OEM valences...do you really think Honda just slaps the brackets onto the plastic valence anywhere thay want to on each one, making notihng consistent? i HIGHLY doubt it, considering Japanese auto manufacturers generally have the strictest quality control standards of all car makers...

So, if you dont have what i want, do me a favor and stop wasting space in my thread
Ok. I don't know where this 'smartass' comment was comin' from but whatever. What I meant by the brackets aren't being the same, was that they aren't positioned the same on every kit, they're a lil off on each one (d'oh! I should've read what I posted up twice to correct myself).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.