Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got it on, here are some preliminary pictures. I plan to reshoot them in better conditions when I can to make them look better, but, anyway, here they are.

(And yes, I know I need to lower it.)

The (5-megapixel) Pictures

The only picture I really like is this one:

EDIT: New pictures added. I like most of them better than my first shoot.

· Registered
114 Posts
Looks great, I have a 98 GSR equivlant here. Looks exactly the same as yours except mines adriatic blue. Have also just put on the same kit too. Am also toying with the idea of lowering it, maybe a inch. I am 6 foot + and find it hard to get out of my car as it is! Anyways I love white always have! looks good

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
itsHumble on Nov/19/03 said:
i like it man, does need the rear tho...how much did you get the kit for?
I don't remember ($500-something?), but I intentionally didn't buy the rears. They look too... fake. Like they aren't supposed to be there. So I opted to leave them off (in retrospect, perhaps not as good an idea as I thought). I might do something with the rear of the car, but I may not. I may not even lower it as I don't want to burn too much money on this car (I'm still torn whether I'm gonna get an '02 RSX-S next or just wait it out and get an '03 G35).

· Registered
3,326 Posts
RobertMcDonald on Nov/19/03 said:
Quote: itsHumble on Nov/19/03i like it man, does need the rear tho...how much did you get the kit for?
I don't remember ($500-something?), but I intentionally didn't buy the rears. They look too... fake. Like they aren't supposed to be there. So I opted to leave them off. I might do something with the rear of the car, but I may not. I may not even lower it as I don't want to burn too much money on this car (I'm still torn whether I'm gonna get an '02 RSX-S next or just wait it out and get an '03 G35).
[/quote]
Good idea, I'm leaving my car stock sort of. Just a few exterior mods like you and then saving up for a new luxury sport car. A little mod here and there on the integra is enough to satisfy me and give me a taste of the import scene. It's fun but so pricey that I don't want to waste a lot of money in it anymore. Already spend almost 2k.

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all!
AlvinHuyN on Nov/19/03 said:
Good idea, I'm leaving my car stock sort of. Just a few exterior mods like you and then saving up for a new luxury sport car. A little mod here and there on the integra is enough to satisfy me and give me a taste of the import scene. It's fun but so pricey that I don't want to waste a lot of money in it anymore. Already spend almost 2k.
Yeah, I figured out that, economically, it doesn't make sense. If I did all the mods I wanted to to my Integra, I'd have spent pretty much $30,000 on a freakin' '98 Acura Integra. It's a nice car, but even a souped up one is not worth $30,000. Not when a G35 Coupe is about the same price, drives better, is faster, and is rear wheel drive!
(Most importantly, I think a modified/riced out Integra wouldn't make me happy anyway, since I like a smoother ride than an Integra can deliver.) So, hence my signature.

I may add the rear pieces if I can get them cheap and if I see some more pictures of it and I decide I like 'em well enough. It'd be nice to get a whole new "bumper cover" so it all flowed well together instead of looking like the two pieces were stuck on the sides like the OEM one does, but I'm not sure what else would work with the subtle look of the OEM kit. Hell, even the rear pieces look a bit too flashy. Anyone have any ideas?

· Registered
130 Posts
mm.... i think, taking a 240sx, dumping 15k into it, will give you a faster, fairly nice ride (if you wanna put some leather in there) more fun to drive sports car? but that's just my opinion*.. hehe.. nonetheless, i'd rock a G35 if i had the money!

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, but then you're still driving an old, Nissan 240SX. Modding is not my thing. I'll take what the factories are offering.

All of which is just biding time until I can afford a Type-996 Porsche 911...

· Registered
3,326 Posts
RobertMcDonald on Nov/19/03 said:
Yeah, but then you're still driving an old, Nissan 240SX. Modding is not my thing. I'll take what the factories are offering.

All of which is just biding time until I can afford a Type-996 Porsche 911...
Yep mild mods...then buy a car, pay the dang payments and be happy...no more modding. A stock car has its on beauty that well...I am elarning to apreciate after all this aftermarket delima

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
JDM96LS on Dec/16/03 said:
how much did u pay for the kit? and if u had to paint them, how much was that also
Uh, I think the chin spoiler was $230 and the side skirts were $400. I think. Maybe.
The paint work was done for free through a favor a painter owed my Dad. I have no idea how much it would've cost otherwise. I think I paid $80 for all the supplies.

BTW, I hit some metal sign in the middle of the road the other night at 2am (looked like a plastic bag to me!) and now I've got a scratch on my chin spoiler.
I'm not sure if the fact that the Comptech (Wings West is printed on the inside) replica chin spoiler is rubber is going to be a good or bad thing for repairing it, but it shouldn't be too bad. It's barely deep enough to have gone through where the paint seeped into the rubber, it looks like. I'm not surprised it happened, though: it only happened because I paid a bunch of money to stick the damned thing on the front of my car.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.