Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, Im new to the site and it's a great site...my question is, where can I buy the 98-01 OEM body kit?

I'm also in the market for a 96 GSR and I heard from the people of Honda-Tech I'd have to get the 98-01 front and rear bumper, and my other question is this. will the bumpers bolt on with out a problem?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Welcome! run a serach on the bumper interchange....it can be done. and the OEM kit, good luck finding one for cheap. ebay has a few right now but are pretty expensive!

·
Registered
929 Posts
the kit is disco'd, so u will have to try and find someone selling their used kit nline, and yeah you need the 98+ rear bumper for the rear valences to fit. the bumpers will bolt right up to any 94+ teg.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know there's a front Valence, but I didnt know there was a rear? where would be a good place to find the real bumpers instead of those bumper covers?

Oh yeah and I did check e-bay and I couldnt find the kit.

·
Registered
269 Posts
www.rocketz.net sells aftermarket replicas of the oem kits for an extremely good price. front lip, side skirts, and rear valences. they are extremely helpful in answering questions and shipping is very reasonable. i posted about this awhile back have you tried searching.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
KenRed on Apr/11/04 said:
I know there's a front Valence, but I didnt know there was a rear? where would be a good place to find the real bumpers instead of those bumper covers?

There's sideskirts, rear valences and the front is just the ITR Lip. You can buy a replica of the front lip at alot of places. What do you mean by "real bumpers" and "bumper covers"?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TaiChi on Apr/11/04 said:
Quote: KenRed on Apr/11/04I know there's a front Valence, but I didnt know there was a rear? where would be a good place to find the real bumpers instead of those bumper covers?
There's sideskirts, rear valences and the front is just the ITR Lip. You can buy a replica of the front lip at alot of places. What do you mean by "real bumpers" and "bumper covers"?
like when I would go to car part sites like on-line junkyards I only see bumper covers not the actual bumpers. I didnt understand what you ment about the sideskirts, rear valences?

So what all do I need for the OEM Body kit LOL im confused

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
the 98+ conversion consists of the 98+ bumper, corner lights and headlights, Rear bumpers are plug and play however.

The 98+ OEM kit consists of an ITR front lip, 2 sides, and 2 rear valences.

There is no oem kit for the 94-97 except the ITR lip.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
a bumper cover is a actual bumper. the OEM optional kit consists of: sideskirts that sorta flare at the ends, rear valances and the front lip

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
jdmikey on Apr/11/04 said:
a bumper cover is a actual bumper. the OEM optional kit consists of: sideskirts that sorta flare at the ends, rear valances and the front lip
I always thought a bumper is the thick metal bar behind the "bumper cover". Hence the name "bumper cover", that which covers the bumper

To install the front lip and rear lips, you will need 98+ front and rear bumper covers.
Anyway, pictures help:

·
Registered
123 Posts
JeRsEyLoon on Apr/11/04 said:
the 98+ conversion consists of the 98+ bumper, corner lights and headlights, Rear bumpers are plug and play however.

The 98+ OEM kit consists of an ITR front lip, 2 sides, and 2 rear valences.

There is no oem kit for the 94-97 except the ITR lip.
My car is 97 integra and did replaced only 98+ rear bumper and got the itr rear lips and side skirts which fit on existing 94-97 side skirts. I'm now processing replacing my front front bumper with mugen lip to 94-97 oem bumper with itr lip to match the rest of the oem kit. I could of got the itr lip instead mugen lip at the first place DOH!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
lsvteg on Apr/11/04 said:
www.rocketz.net sells aftermarket replicas of the oem kits for an extremely good price. front lip, side skirts, and rear valences. they are extremely helpful in answering questions and shipping is very reasonable. i posted about this awhile back have you tried searching.
which kit is like the oem kit on their site?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok so all I would need to do is get the 94-97 Type R lip, the side skirts, and the 98+ rear bumper 2 valences? and Type R wing if opintonal?

·
Registered
937 Posts
lsvteg thank you very much for the info, hey fellas i checked the site and trust me , its not expensive at all...for $149 not bad. last week i been looking for one and one of the guys here posted something about the dealer in oakland still has some OEM optional kit and they're asking for $499 for the sideskirts alone.

BonzoAPD, on rocketz.com: the side skirt is called R style: the front im not sure : rear not sure either

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
last week i been looking for one and one of the guys here posted something about the dealer in oakland still has some OEM optional kit and they're asking for $499 for the sideskirts alone.

[/QUOTE]
that guy would be me and i didnt need the sides but i got the rear valances for $239 shipped

·
Registered
937 Posts
jdmikey on Apr/11/04 said:
pay $149 for non-fitting fiberglass kits. this has been posted before. run a search about rocketz. the fitment is poor.
hmmmm that sucks, the fitment really that poor? aye thanks for letting me know though jdmikey...

anyone of you guys bought the replica oem optional kit from rocketz.net? did it fit good? or what?

·
Registered
123 Posts
KenRed on Apr/11/04 said:
Ok so all I would need to do is get the 94-97 Type R lip, the side skirts, and the 98+ rear bumper 2 valences? and Type R wing if opintonal?
Yup you got that right unless if you want 98+ itr lip and will need 98+ headlight units, fenders, front bumper and corner lens.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts