Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My OEM Body Kit Rear Lip just came in yesturday. I'm looking at it right now and it seems like I have to drill about four holes into my bumper just to mount the rear lip.

Has anybody here installed their own factory body kit? I put on the side skirts with no problem. However, I'm not ecstatic about drilling holes into my bumper. What is the proper way to install this equipment? Can I buy some type of adhesive or is it better to mount via nuts and bolts?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
When I installed the OEM rear lip kit on my LS I did have to drill holes. It's up to you really. It also bolts to the rear bumper at the splashguard location right? If it already bolts somewhere else so it can't fall off, I would probably use adhesive instead of drilling into a visible part of the bumper like it wants you to do. When I wanted to sell the kit I couldn't because it would have left holes in the rear bumper so I was stuck trading the car in with the kit still on.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
one place you have to drill holes is the rear of the bumper on the bottom which isn't noticable.

Another place you have to drill holes are alongside where the mudguard holes are. I don't see why Honda didn't just place the mounting points there.

Can I use a typical drill and go through the bumper like that? I don't want to scratch anything up. I think i'm gonna try some form of adhesive first and if that don't work then I'll drill.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Yeah I used just a regular drill. It slips through real easy. Definitely drill the mudguard holes. The rear hole if you think it would be unnoticeable enough to be able to remove the lip if you wanted to at some point then go for it. If not then I'd try some adhesive on that point.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your input Surfer X, I'll try to post some pics up when I get it done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts