Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a problem with my odometer, i am currently at 122k miles on it, but am suppose to be at 123k, when it got to 122,999 it went to 122,000. is there anyway i can fix this to make it work again?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
hey man dont worry about it, nobodys gonna know, you got 1000 free miles, its like you went back in time. but if it does it again, i would get it checked out.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
maybe it will keep clicking back... if it does... wait until it has like 50,000 miles then trade it in for a new one! haha.... that's a lot of miles for a 94... mines a 95 and i only have 48,000... but i'm a wuss and only drive it 8 months out of the year... and even then just on weekends or when it's nice during the week.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well it's the second time it actually does that, i got the car with 98k miles on it so in three years, 24k is not much, plus it's still runs sweet.

so i would have to take it to the dealer, there is nothing i can do?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm sure i am NEVER going to sell my car, but i was concerned because of times when i take to shops and they write the odometer reading for their warranty. but oh well i'll take it out and look at it.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Don't worry about it. It happened twice, but that also means that its also working corectly since it fixed itself after the first error.

I have a feeling that its gonna do it again, but I don't think anyone is going to notice. The only time when anyone is going to notice is if you did a smog check at 122,500 iles and then did it again at 122,000 (when its suppost to be at 123K). I think its highly unlikely that you will be required to do an emmissions check so soon. But that would be te only way for the DV to know.

Actually one other way would be to bring it back into the dealer for service. Say you brought it in last week for a brake job and then again this week for an oil change. Then they will be like WTF???

But seriously, don't worry about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts