Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am hearing this odd sound... sounds like, metal spinning maybe a bearering spinning.
i just started hearing it i have never heard it before it almost sounds like a belt slipping or the alternator bearering but it only happens on the freeway once i hit 80mph i can usually start to hear it
it is difficult to tell where it is coming from since it only happens while on or coming off of the freeway any ideas?
i did just put different 17" rims on maybe they are not on tight enough? im going to goto autozone and test my alternator.. not sure what it could be though

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok.. i now can tell where the sound is coming from left rear tire! when ever i go over a bump it will also now make that noise.. maybe wheel bearing?

·
Registered
222 Posts
The heat shield behind the rotor. Gosh, you're making me double think stuff. TGIF.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
n/w i took some lazy time off to get off my ass.. the heat shield is not tight at all!! thanks for the help pretty good diag without being able to see anything and with my odd description Thank you!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea im not completly sure... part of the heat shield is lose but it is not a part that would be touching the disc at all it is the one covering the brake line that is lose... also how close should the pads be to the disc's it looks like they are touching maybe that is how they should be though but i dont think i could fit half of a dime between the disc and pad

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
iuseyew on Feb/03/06 said:
also how close should the pads be to the disc's it looks like they are touching maybe that is how they should be though but i dont think i could fit half of a dime between the disc and pad

Thats normal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.