Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, i'll explain as best as I can...I was on an onramp pushing 50-60, nothing out of the ordinary...WOT...all of a sudden at around 5-6k rpms it cuts out like there was a rev limiter...my check engine light came on...i drove for about a quarter mile longer and it did the same thing everytime I hit around 5.5k rpms...i pulled into a gas station, checked all the hoses, anything obvious, nothin...started it back up, check engine light was still on, however no more cut out, performance/acceleration/etc were all fine...

what should I check? any suggestions on what it could be? possibly some sort of vacuum/hose problem? o2 sensor? ack! PLEASE anything will help :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
umm well from what i know about this rev limiters cut off fuel to 3 of the cylinders when you reach it so maybe your fuel is screwed up to where your car thinks that your rev limit is lower than its spose to be. Sensors can be sensitive and any little thing that goes wrong can throw a code and make your car act funny, try reseting the code and see if it pops up again, but before you do that see what the code actually is at auto zone or somewhere like that

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheezthis on Aug/25/02 said:
click here
Use that to figure out the code.
I cannot find that two-pin connector ANYWHERE, could ya give me a hint? ive looked for 45 mins now :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts