Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys I just thought id post up the difference in what you get when pay the 40 for the OBX pod and the 70 for the autometer. (And yes I know I should have gone with the Autometer pod in the first place.....)

First pic OBX (as you can see you can't see the fuel or temp gauge very well.)

Autometer you can see almost the full Gauge.

Just thought id post up. (by the way if any one wants the OBX one its for sale.)

============
edit: By codenamezero:
Just thought i'd post this quad pod i saw half a year ago for extra comparison, kind of pricey.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Quite a difference there. Thanks for posting that. I hate OBX anyways.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
i had the OBX one for a while...it was nice when i looked down and found no readings until i was almost empty, lol (i.e. longs trips) AUTOMETER FTW x2
**BTW** You have to put the bezel on top of those two tabs on the bottom of the gauge cluster just an FYI

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GreyMetallicTeg on Oct/10/07 said:
i had the OBX one for a while...it was nice when i looked down and found no readings until i was almost empty, lol (i.e. longs trips) AUTOMETER FTW x2
**BTW** You have to put the bezel on top of those two tabs on the bottom of the gauge cluster just an FYI

Ya I know. I just put the clusters in for the pics (still have to wire up the gauges and what not)

Edit: and put the turbo on LOL

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Good stuff. I always wondered how well you could see past them...not that I would get anything other than the autometer model, this is still a great comparison. Thanks!

·
Registered
667 Posts
im glad to see this since i was looking into this type of gauge pod but didnt wanna have to shell out the extra fro the autometer if it still fit like all the others. thanks for the write up and good pictures

·
Premium Member
5,714 Posts
I still dont think it matters. The fuel gauge can be seen when it needs to be and the ECT gauge is pretty much useless in its stock form anyway.

·
Registered
356 Posts
lol.I've always been hesitant to buy either because that is exactly what I was afraid of.at least the autometer one you can see most of the gauge.thanx alot for this.I think I'll go for the A pillar pod now.being able to see most of the gauge would just bother me

·
Registered
667 Posts
i just like the sleeper look of a cluster pod since your gauges arent in plain view of everyone around you and are and are kind of hidden since they are not in a place you typically look to see if something is in the car worth stealing. and yes i know being in the cluster is still kind of out in the open but at least unlike a pillar pod they are not completely visible when you just walk by the car "i.e. theives" and a stock water temp gauge is better than having no gauge at all

·
Registered
459 Posts
i went with the obx, only because i bought it for 10 bux, see what i did was twards the end of the gause tube you cut a half oval into the back, then i fliped it over then melted it back together (sanded it smoov tho lol) but backwards so it goes inverted and you can see both gauges fully, i wouldn't have even tried it if i paid full price ha

·
Registered
846 Posts
In order from least to greatest. Obx - autometer - any "quad-pod" configuration. I've tried all three and "quad-pod is by far the best. the guy uses stock bezels and adds his own gauge cups. Perfect view of gauges and fitment.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.