Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is an interesting tidbit of information. The window over the instrument cluster on gen1, gen2, gen3, and gen4 Integras angles back from top to bottom. This design feature keeps the window clean as dust cannot settle onto it. Another example of Honda/Acura getting it right.

The only problem is it looks so clear that some people don't know it's there, and they reach their hand in and get their fingerprints on it! It's already happened once on my 2-month-old gen4.

So if you ever wondered why your instrument cluster window stayed so clean, now you know.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
works good for sun glare too. I think forums about blogs could get scary

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hey, they aren't supposed to get dirty, well mine is dirty. Wondering how easy it is to remove so I can clean. Is it as easy as removing those 2 phillips screws on top and sliding out, or is there more of a trick to doing so.

·
Registered
840 Posts
The previous owner of my Teg was a smoker. My guage window had spots all over it where smoldering ash had blown into it, looked like ass so I bought a new one and it is SO CLEAR! You can't tell there's even a window there. Its an easy swap, all you need is a stubby and a regular phillips head screwdriver and a panel popper (or a flat head screwdriver will work too) to pry off the old window, its just clips on all the way around the guage cluster. Not hard at all to do...

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
wow old thread. anyway, its easy to get to, follow the first few steps of this article. be careful what you clean it with though, Im not sure what it was but a couple of people smuged thiers with some cleaning stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts