Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my Helms, covering OBD2 wiring diagram. I was wondering if the OBD1 harness is going to accept the OBD2 sensors, or will I need to engineer some wiring to make ends meet?If anyone wants to scan the ECU pin placment for me for an OBD1, I'll name my first born after you. Hell, it could be the same for all I know.

Heck, I'm almost thinking it would be easier to pull the complete harness off an OBD2 and place it in the OBD1 car.

PS, I don't give a crap about the second O2 sensor. Those are for street legal people.

·
Registered
83 Posts
you can buy a harness for this conversion...it'll cost like around $200.00..and its made by skunk2 and all you have to do is plug it in. as simple as that

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figure I'll just stick with an OBD1 engine and call it a day. I think I have a complex, for wanting to overly complicate a project.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
it's not complex. it's literally just a matter of plugging in 2 connectors together...the person making the conversion harness has already worked out what sensor in one format goes to what ecu pin in the other format for you when they soldered the plug- prong/pin/connector wires.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I am close to getting a job at TRD in the CART division and have been concentrating on this, and I am running out of money.
I e-mailed Technosquare and they replied that they don't do 99's. It is my understanding from a discusssion with Hondata that some 99's have the ROM/processor chip that is available and that based on my processor number mine is one of these. I am going to dicuss this further with them and am going to talk with Erick's Racing. I will post what I find out.

·
Registered
480 Posts
yea... no kidding, right? kudos man. I could tell from before you were giving me some advice about something... I could tell there was some enineering savvy there. hope everything works out man, let us know

·
Registered
285 Posts
TRD? cool toyota stuff me like.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts