Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a way to retrieve obd2 ecu trouble codes by a series of cycling the ignition switch on and off. I did it once before on another 99 teg but lost the instructions. I need to do it again now. Does someone know the sequence?

Yes I know you can jumper the obd2 connector but I don't want to chance accidentally frying anything.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, I know if I'm careful not to put the paper clip in the wrong pins of the obd2 port I can't fry anything but it'd just be real nice to know this key cycling sequence.

Too bad I lost the instructions. Tried googling forever too. Sucks because the key cycling procedure was pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
isn't there only 2 connections on that jump plug? i don't know how you can fry anything (maybe if you left the car on while jumping)? i'm not sure if turning your ignition on and off is good for your car either. good luck!

edit: what's going on with your car?

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Cycling the ignition? Havne't heard of that one yet. If you find the instructions, that would be cool if it actually worked. If yo udon't want to do the paper clip, then the next best thing is a scanner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's actually alot of ways to retrieve codes on obd2. You can jumper the 2pin connector, jumper the correct pins on the obd2 port (i think #8 and #9), use a Honda pgm tester, use an obd2 scanner, or you can cycle the ignition on off. I had instructions for the cycling method last year but lost it. It is possible, and I did do it a few times. I guess just not alot of people know about it that's all.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
dohcrxl on Jan/27/06 said:
There's actually alot of ways to retrieve codes on obd2. You can jumper the 2pin connector, jumper the correct pins on the obd2 port (i think #8 and #9), use a Honda pgm tester, use an obd2 scanner, or you can cycle the ignition on off. I had instructions for the cycling method last year but lost it. It is possible, and I did do it a few times. I guess just not alot of people know about it that's all.
any more info? i need to get codes for a 01 highlander. i can't believe this BS about not being able to get the codes without a scanner..

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
dohcrxl on Jan/26/06 said:
There is a way to retrieve obd2 ecu trouble codes by a series of cycling the ignition switch on and off. I did it once before on another 99 teg but lost the instructions. I need to do it again now. Does someone know the sequence?

Yes I know you can jumper the obd2 connector but I don't want to chance accidentally frying anything.

Thanks

You can't fry anything, the diagnostic connector isn't hooked into anything vital.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.