Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those who turbo charged a 96 and above teg.i think i am looking to turbo my b18b.but what would happen,since i have obd2.would it be better for me to go back to obd1.or how do i bypass this.....also for the map sensor.where did you guys get the missing map link.or did you make your own

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 99 ls turbo. I works fine with the obd2 comp. If you want to change to obd1 i think skunk2 makes a harness thats allows you to plug in an obd1 computer. As for the missing link, I bought mines off of ebay from Dave Shih for $49.95.

·
Registered
428 Posts
get a o2 simulator, you can find the info in the articles section, then click on the performance articles and look for o2 sim.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
the o2 sim would only be needed if you're messing up your exhaust, like running a test pipe or something. the only reason i can see people doing the odb1 conversion for FI stuff is so they can run things like hondata later on, or get their stock computer tuned and reburned.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hey one point what turbo setup and what power gains did u get from it, Im thinking of going turbo on my 99 ls

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought the drag gen 3 turbo kit. Installation was kind of a pain in the neck though. I had to cut and reposition the downpipe because it was hitting the intermediate shaft. (the downpipe curved up causing it to touch the intermediate shaft). But it was well worth it. Clocked a [email protected] 97mph at 5.8psi of boost with no traction in first gear in Hawaii.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
you dont havce to get a missing link you can get check valves---> you get a plate that looks like a missing link-- then you can run as many check valves as you like-- thats what i did and i have obd1 but it works the same ive been told its better-- you ca have the plate made at a machine shop for like 10-20 bucks then 2 bucks for check valves----
i can send an email of a pic better than i can explain it------

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
95gsrturbo on Sep/14/02 said:
you dont havce to get a missing link you can get check valves---> you get a plate that looks like a missing link-- then you can run as many check valves as you like-- thats what i did and i have obd1 but it works the same ive been told its better-- you ca have the plate made at a machine shop for like 10-20 bucks then 2 bucks for check valves----
i can send an email of a pic better than i can explain it------
my email is
[email protected]

·
Registered
4 Posts
im putting a turbo in my 95 gsr,what will happen without the check valves to ""trick" the map sensor?? will it only throw the check engine light? or will it cause damage? will it affect a/f ratio??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts