Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok it has been tested and does work 100% correctly. Here is a list of exactly what you will need:

www.hondata.com
www.rywire.com

Distributor - TD43 from Distributor King or RPM Partz
OBD0-OBD1 Adapter harness
OBD1 primary o2 sensor
Plugs from OBD0 Distributor and plug from 88-89 Integra Crank angle sensor (you can purchase a distributor adapter harness from www.rywire.com for about $35)
Plug from 88-89 Integra Crank angle sensor
Plugs form wiring harness for OBD1 distributor
OBD1 ECU (P74, P75, P06 (automatic or manual))
Hondata s100, s200 or s300 (s300 is recommended)
You should download the Hondata Smanager software from http://www.hondata.com/smanager.html so you can see all you can do once you have converted to OBD1.

I will be posting this in the Engine section of the forum as well as posting an excel spreadsheet with the pinout for making an OBD0-OBD1 ecu adapter harness.

Old OBD0 distributor

New OBD1 distributor

OBD0-OBD1 ECU adapter harness

Distributor adapter #1

Distributor adapter #2

All the Adapters

Adapters plugged into OBD1 distributor

Wiring Pinout (this is needed to make the adapters for the distributor)

You may also wish to clean up the look of your engine bay when doing this conversion by removing the old crank angle sensor from the exhaust cam. oNce you have removed it, you will need to pull the valve cover and remove the cam cap and install one of the following plugs form a vtec engine. I recommend the P72 part number as it has rubber O-ring.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sweet...=)

·
Registered
2 Posts
The td43 distributors are available new on ebay from
tiger_japanese_auto_parts for $135 w/free shipping. They had 10 of them available, I think I am going to pick one up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So im planning on this so i can do a turbo kit on my integra 88 i was watching a video and it had said the fuel injectors need to be changed to is this necessary i have to do new injectors anyway but i dont want to mess anything up they said that OBD1 injectors were needed is this true

·
Registered
2 Posts
So im planning on this so i can do a turbo kit on my integra 88 i was watching a video and it had said the fuel injectors need to be changed to is this necessary i have to do new injectors anyway but i dont want to mess anything up they said that OBD1 injectors were needed is this true
This thread is from 2006 but I think more info is needed on the first-gen section of the forum.

You can do a turbo kit if you want, but you have to keep in mind that your injectors are NOT like most other honda injectors. Our injectors are LOW impedance, coupled with a tin-covered resistor box that is by the brake fluid reservoir. DSM 450cc injectors are also LOW impedance. OBD1 injectors are HIGH impedance and you will see reduced performance unless you remove the resistor box and shunt the wires.

Tuning a turbo kit on an OBD0 ECU (ours) is a pain and not recommended. Most likely you will want to go to an OBD1 ecu like a P06. Check phearable for chipped ECUs. This ECU will run DSM injectors which are plug and play in our cars with a tune.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts