Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a scanner tool to help diagnose electrical issues with all my cars. I know my crx isn't obd2, but the rest of them are. Anyone out there really like/dislike a certian one. I'm willing to spend around 300 bucks. Thoughts?

·
Registered
356 Posts
You just missed the big OBD2 scanners pre-xmas online sales.
2 years ago I got a INNOVA equus 3130 for $119.99

This year I saw it for $99

Someone shared a link for another brand w/abs testing for $75.

I have only seen them go on sale between turkey day and xmas.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
This is a part that really doesn't need over thinking.... code scanner = read the code, then Google what to do..

Advanced Auto + TRT30 = a scanner for less than $50 that does the job.

Other options could be a bluetooth ODB2 dongle and the smart phone app "Torque", that costs about $30 total....

no need to spend over $100

·
Registered
711 Posts
the cheap bt dongle plus android phone and torque works for me, but oddly enough my friend had issues with the cheap bt dongle on his 2000 civic that was stock.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just downloaded Torque and bought BAFX 34t5 from Amazon, should be here Friday.
We took the R out for a drive after not running for 2 months and the check engine light came on.
I know it's just a warning, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exactly my point, it turned on and I immediately turned around and parked it in the garage.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So I got my scanner today.
"Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold" I looked it up and found this: http://www.obd-codes.com/p0420

I did rotate the crank by hand so I could remove the distributor rotor, that one little screw... Did I mess something up? "Retarded spark timing" was listed as the only thing that I could think of that might be wrong. I've said before that this car gets **** gas mileage. But thats like complaining that a Lotus rides too rough. Its supposed to rain here until Monday, but I really want to drive it to see if the check engine light comes back on.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
I've said before that this car gets **** gas mileage. But thats like complaining that a Lotus rides too rough
How so? it's a freaking Integra man lol

Its supposed to rain here until Monday, but I really want to drive it to see if the check engine light comes back on.
SO DRIVE IT!! Your car won't melt, it was engineered to handle things like: rain

1 - 12 of 12 Posts