Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this weekend i installed my new clutch well in the process i had to remove the cat when i did so i forgot the disconnect the O2 sensor from the connector above the cat that mounts to the firewall.. and all the wires came out of the connector and i need to know in what order they go to match up the other wires in the mating connector.. i tried to match up the colors but the colors on the other side of the connetor are diffrent.. need help my CEL is on.. thanks!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i have done the same thing - bad news.. once the wires come out the sensor is shot...I did that back in marcha nd i am just now getting the sensor replaced tommorow. I am expecting about 300 bill. or you could get a used one - i tried that too - but it was worthless too - only cost 40 bucks though so it was worth a shot... good luck

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why would the sensor be shot? the wires didn't rip break or tear they just came out of the connector ... can't i just put them back in?

·
Registered
78 Posts
The sensor isn't shot at all - I've pulled mine out too trying to disconnect it. If my scanner wasn't shot - I'd scan in a diagram of the connector. You're going to need to use a pair of needle-nosed pliers (very small and thin pair) to pull the metal contacts back through the slots in the connector.

If you are looking at the connector, turn it so you are looking at the inside, and make sure the pronged edge is up. The wiring is as follows:

Top Left : Blue, White, or Yellow. -- ECU Signal
Top Right: Blue, Green, or White. -- Ground
Bottom Left : Black -- Heater
Bottom Right: Black -- Heater

Polarity isn't important on the heater wires, so either one can go in either slot. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vettekillervtec i love you!!! J/P1!
yes thats exactly what ineeded.. thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VetteKillerVTEC on Sep/16/02 said:
The sensor isn't shot at all - I've pulled mine out too trying to disconnect it. If my scanner wasn't shot - I'd scan in a diagram of the connector. You're going to need to use a pair of needle-nosed pliers (very small and thin pair) to pull the metal contacts back through the slots in the connector.

If you are looking at the connector, turn it so you are looking at the inside, and make sure the pronged edge is up. The wiring is as follows:

Top Left : Blue, White, or Yellow. -- ECU Signal
Top Right: Blue, Green, or White. -- Ground
Bottom Left : Black -- Heater
Bottom Right: Black -- Heater

Polarity isn't important on the heater wires, so either one can go in either slot. Hope this helps!
when you say looking at the inside which side is that .. the side that plugs into the other side or the side that the wires go into the connector?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok im still not clear on it.. sorry for my ignorace.. lol

when i hold the connector which side to i want to look at... the side that im gunna slide the wires into or the side where the connector connects to the other connector?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok gotcha!! thanks.. so the side im gunna look into is the side that connects to the connector!! LOL just want to make sure..

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I did the same thing. I have a helmes manual and i matched the wires up the exact same way as it says in the book and you have stated earlier. Started the car up and the light was still on, reset ECU - light still on. Took it to a local performance shop and told them what happened. He said that once the wires come out - the sensor is shot. If you have pulled them out and put them back in then congratulations. i wish i was that fortunate - I'd still have about 300-400 dollars in my pocket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts