Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using the O-nex 6000K for about 2 months now and i started to notice the light output was turning yellow. I inspected the bulbs and found out that yellow burnt stains were developing in the bulbs. Here are some pictures:

So, i decide to send them to NL Motoring to get replacements. A few days later, Joe Covert from NL Motoring sends me an email:

"We have received your O-NEX HID bulbs back and have tested them. After testing your bulbs against brand new 6000K bulbs we have determined that your bulbs are working correctly and the color is perfect."

He also said that it is normal for these hids to develop these yellow stains from the Mercury. He is a great guy to deal with but I still don't agree with him. After a 5 min dicussion, he offered to contact the maker of O-nex and will be getting back to me. Please if you own O-nex 6000K, are yours like mine? Is this Normal?

Thanks

·
Registered
949 Posts
ive had my mcculloch 6000k for about two years or so now and they dont look like that... slight color shift but thats about it. no yellow stuff at all on the bulb

·
Registered
394 Posts
i think that is normal. i remember reading that there are salt withing the bulbs that gets heated up to create the light. i took out my GOLDENEYE kit after 3weeks of usage and it looks exactly like that. The color change is something different. My kit was similar where one changed yellow while the other was white. i have a 6000k. You should replace the kit because of the color change in my opinion.

·
Registered
618 Posts
mine looks like that, and i have perfect light output.

i've had experiences with at least 3 other kits - they look like that too. the mineral you see is suppose to be there..

try switching the bulbs from ballast to ballast, see if the yellowish color stays on one side, then u got a problemw ith ur ballasts not the bulbs

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the yellowish color is on both side...note the picture are showing both bulbs. And its a stain inside the bulb....and i don't thing this is a normal deveplement. HOw you say that a burnt stain in the bulb is a normal thing????

·
Registered
148 Posts
i bought an ebay 6000k kit half a year ago and only my right side seems to have a white foggy area at the same place as yours. It also seems more yellow because of it. It's annoying because i think it's just the cheap ebay hids that burnt the minerals prematurely... if it bothers you, hassle him more. Chances are it might have decreased its life

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
yans25 on Sep/29/07 said:
the yellowish color is on both side...note the picture are showing both bulbs. And its a stain inside the bulb....and i don't thing this is a normal deveplement. HOw you say that a burnt stain in the bulb is a normal thing????
Did you touch the bulbs with your hands or fingers? Doing so can shorten the life of the bulbs. The bulbs will turn color, or at least the light output will, as the bulbs get old and are about to go out. That should be over a couple of years though and at the end of the life expectancy of the bulb.

I had an O-NEX ballast go out after only a couple of months and American Automotive Lighting sent me a new one. It was a relatively easy process in my experience.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
supergecko on Nov/05/07 said:
Quote: yans25 on Sep/29/07the yellowish color is on both side...note the picture are showing both bulbs. And its a stain inside the bulb....and i don't thing this is a normal deveplement. HOw you say that a burnt stain in the bulb is a normal thing????

Did you touch the bulbs with your hands or fingers? Doing so can shorten the life of the bulbs. The bulbs will turn color, or at least the light output will, as the bulbs get old and are about to go out. That should be over a couple of years though and at the end of the life expectancy of the bulb.

I had an O-NEX ballast go out after only a couple of months and American Automotive Lighting sent me a new one. It was a relatively easy process in my experience.
I did not touch the bulbs with my finger...if you look at the picture, the yellowish color is actually produced in the the little sphereical thing inside the capsule...

So American Automotive Lighting sent me another pair and guess what, these ones also have this yellowish stain inside the capsule.....I am 100% sure the first time i recevied the O-nex, such stain were not present...

I decide to F*uk it and just put them in..What else should I DO?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.