Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see everyone talking about the wax but not many people have talked about the wash. I wanted to know how good is NXT wash compared to other off the self products? I saw it at wal-mart and it caught my eye. Thanks

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Hey SpeeDDemon69:

It should catch everyone's eye. Meguiar's did so much god damn advertising with the product line and each product has flashy colors, shapes, and pictures on it.

As far as working well, I have heard nothing but great stuff on its cleaning ability, lubricity, and value. Overall, it was rated one of the best store bought soaps out there, definately superior to any other Meguiar's.

BTW: I own some, but haven't used it.

·
Banned
2,368 Posts
Sean, tried this stuff, yet? I haven't seen it at a local Wal-Mart, yet. I've been looking for it. The Wal Mart I USUALLY go to kinda sucks, though.

Maybe I'll try the Super-Center.....

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I can't imagine anything sudsing better than the Prestone wash. That stuff bubbles to no end. I'm not really into car washes though. Soap is soap to me, really. I pick one that doesn't have any waxes in it and is nice and slippery when I'm washing the car. Most soaps are pretty much the same. NXT may have something special in it to shine up the sealant or something, but my guess is that most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between NXT wash and Prestone or Gold Class or Dawn. If it bubbles and gets the car clean without stripping waxes, adding waxes, and has enough slickness to help prevent swirls then its my wash of choice. My best guess on NXT is that its probably a fine wash and it probably smells really good.

The wash is actually the only thing in the NXT line I don't have. I traded a jar of S100 for the dash protectant and spray wax just because I was curious. I haven't had a chance to use either of those either. I really should since its a product that most people have access to and if its really as great as Meguiar's says it is then I kind of should check it out.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
NXT Wash is my favorite wash to this date. Excellent in many aspects. It catches the eye with it's bold and bright advertising, has an easy to open seal, smells great, suds up a ton, high lubricity, cleans very well, and sheets water.

I tried the NXT Spray Wax last night. Last time I used NXT was about 2 months ago. It was still on the surface as I could tell by beading, slickness, and still a pretty wet-look to the surface. I sprayed the spray wax on the freshly washed and dried surface. 2-4 sprits per panel. I rubbed it in with one side of the MF, then wiped clean with the other side. All I can say is WOW! I noticed a definate increase in depth and wetness. Looked like I re-applied a coat of NXT Tech Wax. I haven't tried this stuff over any other wax or sealant, but over NXT Tech Wax, it's a true winner. Oh yeah, smells just like NXT Tech Wax as well

In short, the NXT line has done me well. The wash is easy to use, cleans well, is sudsy and very slippery. The tech wax is a little tough to put on in colder conditions (under 50*), but buffs off pretty easily. It darkens the paint and increases wetness. The spray wax does an excellent job of bringing the tech wax shine back up (deep and wet). Just rub in, and wipe off!

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I bought the wash a few days ago and just used it. Holy crap, I love this wash! It is super thick stuff. Its like a gallon of grape jelly or something. I got it to drip out a drop of it into my bucket and it gave me tons of suds. This is my new favorite wash. A gallon of this stuff should last me twice as long as a gallon of any other wash because it is so concentrated. Very cool stuff.

I also had opportunity to use the NXT dash protectant yesterday. I am incredibly unimpressed. It was the greasiest stuff I've ever used. I had to break out my Meguiar's #39 to clean it off and use my trusty 4 Star vinyl and rubber protectant. If you want a super shiney and greasy protectant (I can't imagine why you would want that) then NXT is your brand. I would stay away from it though. I had to check the bottle twice to make sure I wasn't using tire gloss or something. My towel felt like I just detailed and engine when I got done. I give it two thumbs and whatever else I can use waaaaaaaay down. Avoid it. Anyone want a bottle of NXT protectant? only used once. lol

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
I like my dash blindingly shiney, is it a better protectant than Armorall?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Its the grease that disturbs me. This stuff would be such a dust magnet its not even funny. There is no way of knowing if its a 'better' product than armor all after one use. All I can say is that I'll never be using it again. Its just not the kind of thing I can imagine people enjoying on the dash.

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
I'll chime in here.

I bought some NXT Spray Wax last week. Definitely a good "shine maintenance" product. It's pretty fast and easy to apply, basically like a quick detailer. I use it about once a week just to maintain my shine.

Good product.....24oz for $8 is a good price too.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
i HATE armorall.....it leaves streaks......i like to wipe it down with a wet rag. sometimes i'll armorall it but not usually.

does anyone know where i can get a clay bar? i looked at autozone today and they didnt have any. goin to a meet tomorrow and i wanna spend some time washin it tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
adikted2my92 on Sep/29/06 said:
i HATE armorall.....it leaves streaks......i like to wipe it down with a wet rag. sometimes i'll armorall it but not usually.

does anyone know where i can get a clay bar? i looked at autozone today and they didnt have any. goin to a meet tomorrow and i wanna spend some time washin it tomorrow morning.

Pep Boys, Auto Zone, Checker, Advance Auto Parts, Kragen, etc.....they all carry at least one kind. My local AutoZone carries Mother's and Clay Magic.

Look harder. :)

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
hey man i was there for a while and even my gf helped me look. but i guess i coulda axed em. i just got some degreaser instead. i'll go out again tonight and get it so i can get up at like 6 or 7 and start washin

thanks fellas

sorry about half hijackin the thread

·
Registered
865 Posts
heres my two cents.....for my money, the NXT wash, quick detailer and tech wax work excellent for me....the wash suds up extremely well and leaves a nice shine on the car, the quick detailer leaves a great just-waxed shine, and the wax is simply amazing in terms of protection and shine....when im waxing tho, i also use a meguiar's clay bar, swirl remover 2.0 and some polishing compound.....as for interior, i just stick with meguiar's interior quick detailer and a micorfiber, for it removes the dust and leaves my dash with a nice, clean and ungreasy finish that shins just right

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.