Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know the number for the oil filter? i'm gonna change my oil but i don't know the number.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Which brand of filter do you want the part number for? (Honda, Fram, AC Delco, etc.) If you're going with an aftermarket filter most stores typically have books that you can look that information up in. If you're getting a Honda filter you can just go to the dealer and tell them the year and model of your car, they'll give you what you need.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
I use Fram Doubleguard, usually run about 8 bucks. Is fram good? I sure hope so....hehe.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Justin Klemgold on June/28/02 said:
I use Fram Doubleguard, usually run about 8 bucks. Is fram good? I sure hope so....hehe.
i've heard some horror stories about frams but i have no personal experience with them. i guess i shouldn't knock it until i try it. i guess i'll never knock it.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
What do you use then, and what are the stories, I must know...

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
I agree gensavestheday, but just how do you know it is working just fine? I mean, it's not like other things where you can tell, it's just an oil filter. How much are the Honda oil filters, if they aren't too much I will use them next time I change my oil. I was always led to believe that Fram was one of the best...

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Oscar Jackson at Jackson Racing did a write up on oil filters awhile ago. He said the OEM Honda oil filters have a pressure release valve so that it keeps the oil flowing through the filter when it's cold. Most aftermarket filters don't have that valve and will clog up with the thicker oil before warming up, robbing the engine of needed oil and increasing wear. He's been building and racing Hondas for a long time so I can only assume it was correct. I use Honda filters from now on. I just wish they put on that grippy end like Fram did so it wouldn't be so damn hard to unscrew.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Bosch makes the K&N, Mobil 1 and a few of the other high end oil filters. They're top quality and not all that expensive. By the way, I'd probably avoid Frams.
Probably can't go wrong with the Honda Blues...

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
$8 for a Fram oil filter. Dude where do you shop? The moon? Most top end filters (Pure one, Castrol Max Pro Plus) run about $5

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I paid $4.78 for OEM filters, when I bought a case at the dealership. I believe normal retail is about $6.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Yeah it was around $5 or so from what I remember. I don't even look at how much stuff for my car costs anymore. I just fork over the dough, then I can lead myself to believe I'm really not spending much on my car.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Lol. Next oil change I'm heading to the dealership. It's worth a try . I thought they'd be like 15-20 bucks or something.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
SurferX on June/28/02 said:
I use Honda filters from now on. I just wish they put on that grippy end like Fram did so it wouldn't be so damn hard to unscrew.
If you used a large pair of channel lock pliers you wouldn't have to worry about having that grippy end.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts