Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved my NRG coilover sleeves in the mail today, and when i opened the box , there were no instructions or even front/rear markings ANYWHERE. Knowing damn-well that I could get all the info i needed from TI when I got home from work, I went ahead and shot an email to NRG's customer service asking if they had any useful info for me. Anyway, I get home tonite, and in the reply they sent me, they simply told me to follow this link to their instructions... go figure

So now my questions: has anyone ever installed this brand of coilover sleeve? is there a difference between front/ rear? and what do i do with all these rubber o-rings, and the 4 metal rings?

BTW, i know these are kinda cheapo, but dont hate. Just help me PLEASE!

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
HAHA, they linked to TI.net for instructions? Now THAT is awesome.

As for the installation... they're ebay. Not sure if there's a difference between any of them, who knows. As for the little items you have, you need to be more specific.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, here's my kit and the pics of the metal rings and rubber o-rings i was talkin about.

The metal rings are of the same inner diameter as the adjuster piece
ANY HELP?

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
The metal rings go between the two halves of the adjuting collars, so they don't bind

The rubber rings are supposed to go between the coilover sleeve and the body of the shock to keep them from rattling or shifting.

Otherwise there should be two different rate springs, the higher of the two is generally for the front.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dyingwish on Oct/04/07 said:
The metal rings go between the two halves of the adjuting collars, so they don't bind

The rubber rings are supposed to go between the coilover sleeve and the body of the shock to keep them from rattling or shifting.

Otherwise there should be two different rate springs, the higher of the two is generally for the front.
thanks man, now if only I can get some info outta NRG, I can figure out the front/ rear situation, cuz there are NO markings on them AT ALL

·
Registered
106 Posts
Haha, I've had the same coilovers sitting for a few months now . I was waiting for my new shocks, but never got around to buying them.

I'd agree with dyingwish, the springs are the same size, to there is no front of back designation. I hope so anyway!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats what I figured. I just figured I'd try em out til I get a lil cash saved to get a GOOD setup. Believe me, I wont be rollin on these for long!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Forgot to add:

The metal rings are too small in diameter to be used as dyingwish proposed. They seem to fit well sitting on the end of the coilover sleeve....I'm not very familiar with coilovers, so I'm still lost.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.