Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought this 91 not this past December but the year before. It sat for most of the year until this most recent December until I got my license back, with the occasional start up and drive to and from work (2 mi drive), enough to where I had to put more gas and some more treatment into it (since it was sitting).

I'm pretty sure I have a rms leak but thats not the issue I am concerned with. It seems to let out white smoke while sitting still. Its not really there or at least noticeable while driving just while idling, I look like I have a fog machine on.

I originally suspected my headgasket but had my buddy look at it and he said there's no way and diagnosed a leaky radiator hose. I guess the coolant ate the paint on the head and was dripping down and the hose was starting to bulge. Took it off, sanded the paint to clean surface and put a new one on. Not losing coolant anymore.

With the rear main leak I do lose oil but its like 1/8th a quart every month or something stupid, its not really ever noticeable cause I check oil every day (i know i need to get it fixed).

So if im not losing oil or coolant its probably not the head gasket? I dont know. The smoke smells like regular exhaust as Ive blown a headgasket before and the smoke was sweet and the car ran like ****. I dont noticed any difference in performance. It sometimes does hiccup at idle but 98% of the time its fine. I know I need to clean the FITV.

I honestly don't think he had all o2 sensors hooked up and I don't have a catalytic converter. Could this be contributing it to running rich or messed up f/a ratio?

· Registered
46 Posts
Don't have an Integra from your generation but not having a cat could probably be contributing to that, same with o2 sensors. I've got an old Ford that's catless and is similarly foggy, although it usually clears up after some driving. If you're not losing coolant anymore since fixing the leak then it's not burning coolant. It could be burning oil alongside the RMS leak but that could be for a variety of reasons.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well after having the car up on stands I found the leak is a drip from the oil pan gasket right over my headers.

But the fog doesn't really clear up, when I stop it comes back and its usually only when its really cold it seems but its not like typical winter exhaust if that makes sense. Maybe its cause it's straight piped without and o2 and no cat, idk.

But i just bought a built gsr rated for 1k so im gonna throw that in and run it for a bit til I get my turbo and everything else together. Ride this out til I pull it and possibly rebuild it while its out and have an extra motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts