Team Integra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 432 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I used a flat black vinyl spray can for the first couple coats, brushing after every coat to have a smooth finish, then a gloss vinyl black to give it that deeper black look.. Without the brush your rug will feel like the surface got burnt n turned plasticky.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
NoLimits 'LS' Build: Finally found JDM CF hood!!

Crazy I was just asked about when I would get a hood and ended up finding one days later.. Lol must be luck!

The seller had post on C.L for 300 and I talked him into trading for a ps3 (which I didn't even own one) lol but planned to buy one ASAP n trade.. Again Planned! Aha

Well turns out I found the exact one I told the seller I had for 150$ , 35 mins away. I was happiest kid on earth! Aha so I set the meet for the day before yesterday but my girl ended sick in the hospital so I couldn't make it. So rescheduled for next day , but the stupid b***h that was selling the ps3 had me drive to her town and wait 30 mins to stand me up, just because I couldn't make it day before.. -____- (inhale.... Exhale...) luckily I brought cash anyway and I wasn't returning without a hood so I proceeded to the seller, hr n a half late. Explained him my story n fed him the deal-for-gas story and ended paying 250. Couple scratches from use but no cracks, threads perfect n all is well..

I think that's not bad considering some ask for double, but I also found IC piping, half rad. N fan, n yet another jdm intercooler aha, that was dirt cheap so just took it all.. I know it's eBay stuff but for now that will do the job til I upgrade!

Oh also picked up a type r shift boot, and my oil pressure sender. Hopefully if I get couple other minor parts I need, I can mock up kit this weekend but either way, I have my work cut out..
But here's couple pics..

Feedback always welcome!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Hey there's nothing wrong with ebay stuff :D

Just try not to loosen those clamps once you clamped them on already. They tend to strip (experience).

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
she's starting to look really nice! the interior's coming together, and the CF hood looks great!

can't wait to see her up and running!
Thanks a lot Nick, Im not trying to rush it much because I want it to come out right!

Andrew1320: lol those prices are like quick sand.. This summer will be full of upgrades though:) and thanks for the heads up! , by any chance did you remove BOV? I might have to..

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Thanks bro,

(12-23-11) Ok well since my dad decided to give us yesterday off, it was jus another day to work on my teg..

First off we had a junk Mitsubishi galant in our yard n I told my pops we might aswell put it to use so I took its foglights kit :) lol Cut a whole in my bumper (hurt me to cut OG bumper but I want these foglights in! Also had problems getting the seperate switch to work so I jus got lazy and wired them with the city lights.

Fogs took Forever due to not having the right power tools n not trying to damage bumper so I got started later then I wanted to on mocking up the turbo, but I pulled heatsheild, exaughst mani, n intake... Last shot of N/A Bay *tear* aha

Now it time for puberty!

Looks like I'll be getting some more gaskets.. I have some arp head studs, when I do the head gasket I'll slap those bad girls on.. Oil pans a lil fugly also..

Exaughst n intake mani gasket kit.. (no IM yet but will upgrade soon!)

At this point between I had to go to the stores n do a lil last minute x-mas shopping (anaconda waiting lines) and by the time I got back it was almost 11 do I bolted on E.Mani and just placed in Radiator n that's how I left her last night.. Today I'll get as much done as possible, hopefully line IC piping n mock IC up (yes they fit around my fogs) , tap oil feed in, tap oilpan to do oil out n install injectors n res. (never did injectors or did research but Im a fast learner n There's always :google:

Pulling my o2 sensor I thought of emission inspections..??? If I can't search a way to pass will I have to remove back to stick to pass? That's what my friend does wit his turbo.. ?? Also when the turbo is set up, I know I need chipped ECU n a tune n iif I start without that it would run like terd droppings but can I still star up, give a lil, drive back n forth from shop to the yard?? No long distances but im jus curious??

Thanks for looking everybody

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Remove the BOV as in taking it apart? Ya I took it apart to see if everything was in working order since I bought it used.

You should clean up your block a bit. A wire brush would do the trick :)

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
looking good! put on that new hood already!

and as for the o2 sensor why don't you just drill a hole in the downpipe and weld a bung on there for the o2 sensor? you'll need one anyways.
junkyard didn't have any hinges but I'm picking up from a local hopefully tomoro if x-mas doesn't get in the way.. I was thinking to do that because I need one for my wideband anyway, but will check engine be on? Nd is it safe to start and move around with downpipe?

Remove the BOV as in taking it apart? Ya I took it apart to see if everything was in working order since I bought it used.

You should clean up your block a bit. A wire brush would do the trick
And removing BOV as in off of pipe, looks like I need a special tool with two little pins, haven't looked into it yet because I might just keep it on.
It could use a wash! Ill get to that tomoro then change my oil pan gasket when I weld bung for that also.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
It's a PAIN IN THE BUTT to take off the bov if you don't have the right tool. It will take you forever to do it with pliers. I did it once with pliers but I sharpened the edges to make them easier to get in the 2 holes.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
They are called snap ring pliers. Go buy some. It makes it easy to remove and put back.
Yea ill have to use the section i have now with it already mounted but I will need to get those pliers! because I saw you also used it on your 5 lug with a bearing I believe, so I'm sure it will come to use, how much do those things run for?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Yea i asked my dad and we had a kit for that ring and i got the right tool to get it done the right way, thanks Andrew1320 An Melt!

Updates:Ok I'm going to try n make it 'brief'..

I cleaned up that dirty bottom half of the block, degreaser, wire brush n cups of water.. After dry I pulled the oil pan. Looks like oil leek is seeping to my tranny by clutch?? Well I'm just waiting on the gasket but I welded the bung on my oil pan, (not the prettiest) but its done, set up the oil-in feed.. The line from tub to back of block was too short so I had to bring the t, and sensor closer to the block, mocked up IC and all piping, and when I mocked up downpipe it was all lop-sided so I just cut it, it went real low also so I'll fab up new one.

My dads mechanic helped me big time today on gabbing up a down pipe! I forgot to snap a Pic but after the wire clean it looked 'Brand-New Used' lol I'll get some up when I go back later tonight.. But heres couple of shotss

Here's that funky oil in the tranny,

Bought 6 feet of braided hoses to use this much.. Well I'm going to start looking into a breather box or catch can soon, but more pics soon!

Please feed thoughts:)

41 - 60 of 432 Posts