Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '99 Integ GS which I purchased with 13,000 miles on it, the car currently has 52,000 miles on it and I started hearing a whirring noise (throwout bearing) when the car reached about 22,000~~25,000 miles on it. The noise goes away when I put an ever so slight amount of pressure on the clutch pedal, but returns as soon as the clutch pedal is depressed. My mechanic friend heard it the other day and mentioned I should adjust the pedal. I think he thought I had a cable tranny. He said if I adjusted the pedal, it would relieve pressure off of the throwout bearing, or something along those lines. I was wondering what approach I should take. I searched for and read all of the posts regarding clutch pedal adjustment and throwout bearings on this site, and I am still uncertain on what I must do to fix this problem.

·
Registered
318 Posts
from my understanding if the throw-out bearing is makin noise...theres no fixing it...needs to be replaced...i had that problem with my 98 at 12k on it....but it was also a lil more then a bearing
learned to powershift with that trans...thank-god for warrantty

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so there's no adjustment to be made that could possibly solve this? I want to know how difficult of a project this is. I have done my own suspension installs, and those are the biggest projects I've done, (ie shocks/springs, swaybars, tie bars). I didn't find the suspension installs difficult, they were pretty straightforward. If anyone has changed their throwout bearing, how difficult of a job is it?

·
Registered
829 Posts
You sould not adjust anything for that. The pedal will not eliviate that problem since you have a hydro trany. once you take off your foot all the pressure is off the slave cyl. stefan525

1 - 4 of 4 Posts