Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed today that I have a chirping/squeaking sound when I turn the car off, just as the engine is dying down. It almost sounds like a bird or a cricket. Anybody know what this is or if I need to worry about it? I'm under warranty so if its a problem I wanna get it fixed. Help me please...I have a 99 4d ls manual w/ 35k. The only mechanical change I've made is a short shifter.

·
Registered
455 Posts
i get a noise too but its not chirping/squeaking
its more like a puff of air probobly the intake im guessing

but i don't know about chirping or squeaking
go to dealership and ask them ......if its loud its probobly serious

·
Registered
51 Posts
It's a belt slipping. You can tighten it. It shouldn't be covered under warrenty because it is a iteam that is supposed to wear out. Like the clutch and oil filter ect.. If it is your timing belt slipping get it fixed soon because if it does slip it will let your piston smash into your valves. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It doesn't really sound like a belt slipping, but I could be wrong. I also noticed that I'm getting a hum or some kind of vibration that kicks in around 3500 or 4000 rpm's. It sounds kinda like a gas powered weed wacker. Leaky exhaust, maybe? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
66 Posts
how do you tighten the belts? mine started squeaking last week. gsr with 73000 miles. i sprayed some belt dressing on them but it only helped for about a day.

·
Registered
213 Posts
ravi2002 on Sep/18/02 said:
i get a noise too but its not chirping/squeaking
its more like a puff of air probobly the intake im guessing
hey...i get that too sometimes!!...idunno if its anything to worry about tho...???

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think I might have experienced that same noise just a couple days ago after installing new plugs and wires. It sounded like pressure releasing from the engine or something... never heard it before until after the install. i thought i might have been some back pressure releasing or a misfire when i turned my engine off. Of course i went back made sure all plugs were snugly fit into the plugs and distro cap. I haven't heard it since that day.

·
Registered
212 Posts
the moise you hear is from the air getting let out of short ram or CAI. When your car is on theres a vacuum pulling in air from the intake....when you shut it off all the air that was getting pulled in is released. Short rams usually make a louder sound cause they're closer to the hood....the CAI is a longer sound(cause theres more piping to empty out) but its not as loud as a short ram....nothing to worry about

·
Registered
455 Posts
cr0ss1507 on Sep/18/02 said:
Quote: ravi2002 on Sep/18/02i get a noise too but its not chirping/squeaking its more like a puff of air probobly the intake im guessing

hey...i get that too sometimes!!...idunno if its anything to worry about tho...???
im pretty sure its the intake and sounds normal to me so i wouldn;t worry to much about it....doesn;t sound like its a problem

·
Registered
354 Posts
I know whats wrong... you have an animal living in your engine.... its crying because it wants to get out

JUST KIDDING

·
Registered
545 Posts
If your talking about a "Hisssssssss" noise its the intake. Just like everyone else who said "intake".

But if its really a chirping noise.... when you turn off, don't know.... i get chirping noises from my clutch when i'm driving (because its slipping *need new clutch*)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts