Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I 've been hearing a "thunk" from the passenger rear when making LEFT turns and sometimes when backing up. I checked for any loose suspension bolts and everything seems tight. I have the car on jack stands and I'm using a jack to move the passenger rear wheel up and down but I can't get the noise to occur. But when I try to wiggle the wheel in and out with my hands, I heard the sound happen once but I can't get it to happen again. I wonder if this is a sign of worn trailing arm bushings?

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
check your spare tire, jack, and tools under the hatch carpet, sometimes corrision loosens these up and they'll shift under cornering loads

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ivrezvi on Jan/20/06 said:
it sounds like ur a-arm bushings.do u heard the thunk sound only in reverse or max the steering wheel all the to one side
Not sure what the "Arm" is but while I have the car up in the air, I checked the drivers rear wheel too. I noticed that it is slightly loose when wiggling from top to bottom. I checked the torque on the lugs and they are all perfect at 80ft lbs. Now I know this means something is worn, but what?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Thing to check/look for

-double check on the inside if the bolts holding the shock to the car are still tight
-check your rear shock top mount bolt
-check to see if the exhaust is still on the hanger
-check your sway and see if it's still attached to the lca

you can check the bushings just by looking directly at them and see if you see any cracks, tears or missing pieces. Should look solid, like one piece through out it's motion range.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WildoutWhiteGSR on Jan/20/06 said:
Thing to check/look for

-double check on the inside if the bolts holding the shock to the car are still tight
-check your rear shock top mount bolt
-check to see if the exhaust is still on the hanger
-check your sway and see if it's still attached to the lca

you can check the bushings just by looking directly at them and see if you see any cracks, tears or missing pieces. Should look solid, like one piece through out it's motion range.
Thanks. All that checks out okay except that most of those bushings lhave lttle cracks in them. The car has 90K miles on it and I think a bushing replacement program is in my near future. Just wish I could figure out the thunking sound!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.