Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just noticed this noise yesterday. the noise is not there at higher speeds, but only at real low speeds like when i'm pulling into a parking spot. only when i'm applying the brakes, i hear this "tick, tick, tick" noise with each revolution of the wheels. can anyone tell me what this could be? again, at higher speeds, i don't notice it at all and the brakes seem to work fine. thanks.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
If you hearing a tick tick tick noise then it might be something that got stuck between the rotor and the brake pad. If you hear a screetching noise then you need to change your pads.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
I had that problem. Its the clip hitting the rotors its telling you the brake pads are low. Need to change the pads. Check front and rear pads.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
brake pads, huh? i thought they would just squeak when they're supposed to be changed. never heard of the ticking reminder mechanism... i'll have to check the pads.

·
Registered
408 Posts
this thread is ressurrected... i have a ticking or clicking noise from my brakes when I both press and release the pedal. the noise is kind of like a rubbing/gripping noise with a tick or click associated with it... this noise occurs mostly when im going very slow or when the car is standing still. my mechanic says my brake pads are getting low, like change after winter low, but this has been going on for a couple months... anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
375 Posts
It probably is the brake pads, although they do usually make a screaching sound when they're low. The brakes might make a sound like that if your lugs aren't torqued correctly, which warps the rotor slightly. You're probably just at the beginning of the wear tab. Given that, you could probably wait out the winter, depending on how hard you brake. That screaching noise is annoying and embarrasing though.

·
Registered
408 Posts
well the lugs are torqued correctly. do it to spec myself.

i do have one warped rotor on the drivers side rear. maybe thats whats going on... thanks for the info

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check to see if your backing plate is rubbing.Is it coming from the front or rear.Maybe rear rotors warped.Does it shake in the seat when breaking?

·
Registered
408 Posts
nope no shaking. its beyond that. the pad doesnt even hit the outside of the rotor anymore. only the center of the rotor is actually hit by the brake pad.

·
Registered
432 Posts
i noticeed the same thing today. I just had my front brake pads replaced. The back pads had around 70% on them and that was around a month ago. The sound is DEF coming from the back side.
any ideas?
thanx

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
if the rotor is warped, you'll feel a rhythmic vibration when the brakes are applied.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Rainman on Jan/13/03 said:
Is there a way to single out which one is the warped one?
take your wheels off... use your finger to press the brake pad against the rotor, and spin it. if you feel a wobble... you've got the warped one. warped rotors only matter if they are seriously messed up. usually it's just annoying to feel the pulsing in the pedal when you are braking. if you plan on racing, consider getting it fixed due to the slight loss of braking power. warped rotors will also wear your pads down quicker.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts