Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have a problem believe it's my O2 Sensor. From The time I brought my car 95 ls in 02 it would bog coming out of corners or when accellerating from stop, until I got pass 2000 rpm, if I turned on the air condition it made it worst, I didn't get no check engine light or anything. It also burns gas like hell, one time I was on an open road and ran to like 5,500 rpm I literally watched the gas guage move lower. So last year I was working on my car when I discovered that the O2 sensor was not hooked up at all just plugged in the header but disconnected, I didn't know which wires went where because the plug off the o2 sensor was missing, it just was wires. So I did some research and found nothing. I deceided to guess, I guessed and placed the wires where I thought they went just for temporary so I could test it. The problem got a little better but it was still there. IT was also raining so if I drove through a little water the car bogged like crazy, because the connection was open to the elements. Anyway I forgot I had the O2 sensor hooked up and went on a date about 2 days later. After coming from the mall I went to start my integra and nothing just rolling almost start and more rolling, (embarrassing). I began to think I blew a head gasket or needed a head job because the car ran hot a few times. I checked the oil cap and noticed a little moisture in the cap but none on the dipstick, no water out the exhaust either. So I carried it to the mechanic and after a few days he tells me I don't need a head job my car is starting fine. He found why it was running hot, I need a new thermostat case/housing and cover. I told him about my O2 sensor and he tells me if it was the O2 sensor I would be seeing black smoke out my exhaust. I knew this mechanic for a long time but I have serious doubts about him now. How can a thermostat case and housing cause my car not to start? What do you guys think the problem might be, bogging and not starting?

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
you need to get a new o2 sensor and find out how to connect it... you might need a thermostat yes...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.