Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my first teg got stolen now i got a new teg and wen i bout it it came ccompletely stock only thing is that it didnt have a muffler.....................So i bought a stock muffler (the whole piece) but i dont want to put on a stock muffler on my car. I was thinking i could put one of those little turbo mufflers on like a magnoflow or something. I am just doing this temporary till i can afford a full catback which wont be until january..........so what i wanted to know is what is thae best one to get that sounds good and give me like a lil better performance (am not expecting 20hp).........?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
i'd say just about every muffler gives about the same performance.. IMO you could just go with something cheap like off of ebay.. because there's no use in payin like $200 for a muffler then down the road getting a catback and then $200 down the drain.. ya know what i'm sayin. so not sure what you wanna do.. because its your car and money but that's just my opinion

·
Registered
904 Posts
You will gain no performance by just replacing the muffler. Just looks and sound

·
Registered
144 Posts
if ur planning to put a cat back then just use the one u have..... the only difference ull notice by just a muffler change is noise. unless u got a turbo or other exhaust components..... putting a performance muffler wont do anything but make the car louder down the road.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Just run it open axleback then, you get the best of both, get more performance out of the exhaust since it's not constricted with the muffler, and you don't have a muffler on it. Until you get something else, run it like that, it'll eat gas but hey, it's what you want (sort of).

·
Registered
848 Posts
Li-Neezy on Sep/01/07 said:
Just run it open axleback then, you get the best of both, get more performance out of the exhaust since it's not constricted with the muffler, and you don't have a muffler on it. Until you get something else, run it like that, it'll eat gas but hey, it's what you want (sort of).
i removed my muffler and ran axel back for about 2 months. Sounded awesome. Nice deep sound with no ricey raspy sound. Smog did come into the car, but minimal (i always roll with the windows down, so it was fine.) Gave a lot of attention, lets not forget about setting off alarms or hearing me come from down the block...lol good times. But now its back on. Didnt want to push my luck with the cops ( i live in cali)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.