Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man.... after all that work. I had just finished wiring the switch for the halos so I could turn them off independantly from the parking lights and wiring the dimmer switch so they could be dimmed to different levels (I don't know why I did that. I just figured I might as well). Now all I was waiting for was for the passenger side assembly to be sent to me since the first one was deffective. Now I get the new passenger side and this is what I get when I test the halos....

Now, does that look right to you? It sure doesn't look right to me. The part that really sucks is that its the high beam side that is screwed up. That is the side people are actually going to be able to see at night. I'm not driving around looking like this:

I also noticed that the inner housing of the driver side is all loose. I didn't notice it before because I didn't have anything else to compare it to. Now I see that it is also not made correctly. These are my headlights we are talking about here. Its not something to take chances with. So I'm sending them both back and going back to stock.

What I am learning from this is that the headlights on eBay are not very great. Nothing is worth this kind of risk when you are dealing with a safety issue. I don't know what brand these are, but they are not good quality at all. They look fine, but I am very sceptical about the functionality of the headlights. They could be very dangerous to actually use.

I contacted the seller of these and he has been fine to let me send stuff back and replace it for me, but I don't think the product is any good so he can't really ever satisfy my needs on it. The headlights are just plain crap.

I'm kind of bummed out about the whole deal since I had such a slick setup with the dimmer and everything. I guess now I've already got the wires laid for my fog lights when I get them now, eh?
Its not really a silver lining on this cloud, but oh well. Lesson learned. eBay halo lights are crap. At least the ones that I bought from this guy are crap.

·
Registered
944 Posts
sorry for the tough break man! Good looking out for us fellow TI members! This is the kind of crap that gices ebay a bad name! This goes hand in hand with those cheap ass leaky altezzas!

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nah. I don't want them that badly. I just figured if they would look good then I'd buy them already made. I'll just save my money and get HIDs instead. :)

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not paying $250 dollars for angel eyes just so I can put them in my stock housing. There is a guy here in town who makes these and sells them on ebay for $25 dollars a set. I'm not paying $250 for them when I could just pay $25. Besides, I only got them because I think they look pretty cool, but they aren't really doing anything useful for me other than being cool. I'd rather put HIDs in that are useful and cool. These are going right back where I got them. I'm through messing around. Besides, that one halo is broken anyway so I wouldn't be able to use it even if I did keep them and pull the rings out. These are just cheap 'made in china' type crappy products that I really can't recommend to anyone. Stick with OEM if you are going to use headlights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts