Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so I've been slowly wrenching at my teggy to get it running right, but now all of a sudden it just doesn't idle at all? It's like the IACV is not even plugged in. I'm not getting any CEL code though and I tested by unplugging it and starting the car and it came right on. I went ahead and bought a cleaned up oem refurbished one. The FITV has also been completely disassembled and cleaned recently, I don't think this would be the issue anyway bc my car doesn't have a fluctuating idle. The only other clue I have is that the car usually won't start unless I give it gas. I have put in a fuel relay, new fuel filter, and spark plugs along with the brand new IACV, also believe that I fixed the vacuum leak problem with a brand new brake booster vacuum check valve. Seems to run better with the new one, but still has a low idle as well (when it does idle). Can't really seem to find anything specifically like my situation on the forums either. Any kinda lead would be great. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you check the throttle cable mounts? Maybe around the manifold... I had this issue once before and the metal used to mount my throttle cable was weak and got hot and warped and essentially provided no fuel to keep an idle. It is unlikely this is the case, but you requested ANY leads so I thought I would throw this out there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you check the throttle cable mounts? Maybe around the manifold... I had this issue once before and the metal used to mount my throttle cable was weak and got hot and warped and essentially provided no fuel to keep an idle. It is unlikely this is the case, but you requested ANY leads so I thought I would throw this out there.
It is pretty obvious when it's warped? Or can even a slight bending throw off the cable tension?

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is pretty obvious when it's warped? Or can even a slight bending throw off the cable tension?
Mine was not obvious visually. It was only obvious when I began touching with it and setting it back straight. I sold the car before I fixed it but basically I had to heel/toe the entire time I was in neutral or when the clutch was in for a long period of time. I got it to where it would hold a REALLY low idle, but not when it was cold. It simply wouldn't idle then.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got a new Map sensor in soon. When I'm under the hood replacing that, I'll definitely see if maybe something cracked the bolt torque or maybe the nuts came loose. Thanks for the suggestion though. Luckily I'm not hurting too bad on cash and if I need to replace something I don't mind paying extra for OEM replacements. Better peace of mind that this doesn't happen again out on the road somewhere. Lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts