Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys I recently finished my RS swap now my problem is when I turn the key it just clicks but when I jump the starter it cranks any words of wisdom would be grateful. So everything turns on lights work radio works windows an sunroof work but fuel pump does not prime and vehicle does not crank with key. Could that be a kill switch issue

·
Registered
43 Posts
You swapped the computer? If you did and the key you are using is not the one meant for that ECU, then yes, you have a kill switch issue in the form of the ECU's built-in anti-theft features.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That said, I've never experienced firsthand how that theft deterrent plays out when a key is turned. I would think it would crank but not fire. If it isn't the theft deterrent, here are your circuits.
Slope Schematic Rectangle Font Parallel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's up guys I recently finished my RS swap now my problem is when I turn the key it just clicks but when I jump the starter it cranks any words of wisdom would be grateful. So everything turns on lights work radio works windows an sunroof work but fuel pump does not prime and vehicle does not crank with key. Could that be a kill switch iss
That said, I've never experienced firsthand how that theft deterrent plays out when a key is turned. I would think it would crank but not fire. If it isn't the theft deterrent, here are your circuits. View attachment 107933
Thanks buddy is there away to bypass that

·
Registered
43 Posts
From the looks of that schematic, you can at least bypass the ECU's control over the starter by grounding the blu/blk wire from the security starter cut relay located under the left side of the dash. If the ECU also cuts out its ignition control though, that's not going to buy you anything other than the ability to kill your battery or burn out your starter.
Photograph Art Font Monochrome photography Motor vehicle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You swapped the computer? If you did and the key you are using is not the one meant for that ECU, then yes, you have a kill switch issue in the form of the ECU's built-in anti-theft features.
I have both ecu I tried both
Technical correction, that relay is technically controlled by the security control module, but I think that is in turn controlled by the ECU.
From the looks of that schematic, you can at least bypass the ECU's control over the starter by grounding the blu/blk wire from the security starter cut relay located under the left side of the dash. If the ECU also cuts out its ignition control though, that's not going to buy you anything other than the ability to kill your battery or burn out your starter.
View attachment 107934
Thanks buddy I'm going to try that
Security is only enabled in 00-01 models. If this vehicle or ECU is older, than the security is not the issue.

If this is in fact an 00-01 model, then the security cannot be disabled, as it's built into the ECU.
I have my ecu from the 94 and an ecu from a 98

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have both ecu I tried both
Technical correction, that relay is technically controlled by the security control module, but I think that is in turn controlled by the ECU.
View attachment 107934
So just cut it and ground it to the frame right

1 - 10 of 10 Posts